GoPro Alaska Downhill MTB vid

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Back on the home turf now in good ole Alaska, different terrain back in Alaska vs Whistler, trying out the new chesty mount for the GoPro, shooting in r4 with the new "upd" patch. Winter is coming quick, snow @ 5000ft already.

View in 720p HD

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy_8KkQvmXs"]Alyeska Ride Report Sept 18th - YouTube[/nomedia]

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Damn, that looks scary and fun at the same time. About how fast are you guys going when going downhill? I've been looking to get a MTB for myself, but I don't think we have any trails like that here in SoCal. Thanks for posting.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Damn, that looks scary and fun at the same time. About how fast are you guys going when going downhill? I've been looking to get a MTB for myself, but I don't think we have any trails like that here in SoCal. Thanks for posting.

It depends on the sections, 20-30mph in some of the faster sections. Just dont get affixiated on an object and youll be ok, scan the trail way ahead and it happens alot slower in real life.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
awesome trail. I used to mountain bike a lot when younger in college upstate, always loved it and miss doing it now. what kind of bike is that

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
I love mountain biking. I've made some stunt trails around my house but the down hill looks like a blast. What kind of front suspension do you have? I need to upgrade

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow Allen, I give you a lot of credit. I knew mountain biking could be challenging, but wasn't expecting THAT. Looks like fun, in a sick sort of way. LOL!

Be safe! :)

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Damn I miss that. I've only gone on one XC run this summer. I don't think I'll make it to Trestle this year either:whine:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Damn I miss that. I've only gone on one XC run this summer. I don't think I'll make it to Trestle this year either:whine:

I wanna hit up trestle next year. We just got back from whistler and it was epic.

My bike is an 8" travel bike. I have a rock shox boxxer r2c2 in it

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I was expecting to see some power shifting on the mountain bike, sucka! That does look fun, but I would be wearing jeans or bmx/dirtbike pants!

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
What bike do you ride and is it a single speed down hill bike? Did you ever go on the trails over near range road when you lived in florida?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
What bike do you ride and is it a single speed down hill bike? Did you ever go on the trails over near range road when you lived in florida?

Ironhorse Sunday...8" of suspension travel. your not pedaling this bike anywhere except down a hill.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Ironhorse Sunday...8" of suspension travel. your not pedaling this bike anywhere except down a hill.

Nice man. Did you ever go on the trails in shalimar / fwb area of range road? Been hitting those up and I was surprised with some of the elevation changes for Florida.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Looks like fun. I've never ridden anything nearly as rocky as that, especially a downhill bomb. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread