Got a '99 GT to daily..got some 2v questions

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
So I just picked up a '99 Mustang GT 5spd 35th anniversary red coupe. It wouldn't idle when I went to get it so I used an AAA credit and had it towed home. Checked the schraeder valve after it would not fire and realized if was a fuel delivery issue. First thought was FPDM or CCRM. Changed out the FPDM and decided it was likely the pump. Today the car wash was closed do I bought a pump/hat assembly, fuel filter, oil, and filter. I changed everything without any hang ups and it fired and idled first try after priming the lines. WOOHOO!!! It had been sitting for AT LEAST 2yrs prior to today do I hit all the pullies with WD-40 and after 5min there were no squeals, shrieks or sounds so I'm pumped!!!!
I've been out of the 2v GT game for ~8 years and would like some input. This will be a bad weather, daily driver to & from work, park outside when staying at my GF's. I'm not interested in modding it. However, the exhaust looks like an 8th grade welding experiment. I'd like to get ANY stock or aftermarket midpipe and catback so if you have either in the Houston area, PM me so we can talk.

Plugs!?!?!
I've got a set of spare NGK TR6's, can I use these or are they too cold? Also what gap do these motors like?

Anything else from the two valve crew?

Mike@TF

Established Member
those plugs will be just fine...i think i may still have my mac hpipe at psi you can go by there and ask benny or daniel if its still there(dont remember if i sold it or not lol) since its been sitting go ahead and replace air filter and put some engine/injector cleaner in the gas tank so it can free up all that gunk shit thats been sitting there...

spike_africa

Established Member
They are one step colder plugs then stock and while they work I would want the hottest spark I can get to keep it as efficient as possible. Me for a daily, pull the intake silencer off, grab a used K&N and get a used mid pipe and call it a day.

cLockWise

Established Member
Factory is indeed .054, so your correct on that.. As far as a CAI, try to stay away from the cheap BBK ones, I just don't like them and feel they are cheaply made.. But thats my opinion.. If you can get a used JLT CAI, go for that, its definitely one of the best in my opinion. But since your not really looking to mod it, no reasons for that.. Try looking online at Craigslist.. I know a few people in PA are selling some stock mid-pipes and exhausts for relatively cheap.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
That car has to feel so slow compared to your Cobra. Not bad for a daily though, something you don't have to worry about and tend to!

99black5spd

Established Member
be careful with the jlt intake...i personally run it on my car but there is only one issue i have with it and im not sure if anyone else has this problem or n e thing but when you go to clamp it on the tb there really isnt much to clamp onto with the actual jlt piping....i keep having an issue with it where as it i floor my car then the intake just blows off the tb...other than that the intake is awesome

Users who are viewing this thread