got a stupid ticket and got treated mega harshly

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
well guys it happened yesterday , i was ridding my bros moped around the block and i go home cause i saw a cop around the block , you can t ride a moped on the street over here in cali , so he comes up to me after i put the bike down and he gets like a foot away, as if he was steping up to some one for a fight , then he ask me for me liscense i say its in side , he tells me to go and get it so im like ok. i go in side and hes like right be hind me so i try to close the door so he dosent come in and he swings it open and follows me to my room so im like hey why are you following me in here , he says he dosent want me running out the back , ok but im in slipers , yeah i was ridding the moped with slipers to , so i get my wallet we go out side and i give him my wallet and hes like come over here with me to my car , tells me to stand against it and pats me down , puts me in the car and has me in there till hes done writing my ticket , i felt like i was being treated like a big time felon or criminal , and it happened in front of my freinds and family ,
ive got to questions
1. can he go into my home with out a warrant or with out any permission ?
2. should he put me int the car for a ticket ?
he was just acting like and ass , i ve got no beef with and officers here but i mean should i be treated like that , in the pats its like wait in the car or step out , and i get a ticket not follled inside and get pit in the cop car, i mean what the hell all i did was ride the stupid moped just a ticket would have been fine, but this this is to much, what do you think?

03cobrateneight

03cobrateneight
Established Member
did you get a ticket for dl not on person
do you have to have a license for mopeds in your state and have you ever been in trouble with the police before

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
nope just for off rode vehicle on street no mototcyle license and no insurance for the moped , no all i have is just 2 driving tickets both taken care of

03cobrateneight

03cobrateneight
Established Member
well i wasnt there so i wont second guess the officer but it does sound a little extreme.as far as following you in the house i would probabbly have told you that in order to get your license i would have to go with you. i would guess the reason he needed your license was its easier to get your info off of it instead of weed through all the false information people try to give so they dont have to pay the ticket. following someone in the house is pretty standard if they have to get something. as far as the pat down it was probably for officer safety. it just depends on alot of things. it sucks that you had negative contact but dont let it get to you. how much was the ticket you got and what was it for? also putting people in the car is pretty standard here if there are people around for your privacy and to get away from angry spectators

Last edited:

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
well it was for riding the i said moped , but it is more of a home built mini bike (42+mph) , on the street , for not having it insured , and for no motorcycle license , but i m going to try to contest it , on having a off rode vehicle - not insured and no licesnse for the off road vehicle? what do you think ?

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
Cali po-lice don't fu(k around! You ARE a criminal! You broke the law right? woo, You big law breaker! :p You shoulda busted some gas while you were sitting in his car. If he forced you in there, you might as well have left your scent. :thumbsup:

Floridalawdog

Established Member
He followed you in the house for officer safety. He did not want you to get your license and a gun and come back, or not come back at all. It sounds extreme and only another police officer can understand this way of thinking. When you become a cop you look at everything and think " how can this hurt or kill me? and how can I make it safer so I get to go home and see my family?" That is the most important thing to a cop, going home at the end of a shift.

You were patted down because no cop should ever put someone in their backseat without a pat down first.Police work 101..

I am sorry you feel like you were treated wrong, but from a cops perspective, the treatment wasnt bad at all.

Lawman85

Banned
I would like to give you some good advice, but I'm not sure what really happened. I read the post twice, and it really gave me a headache. My 6 year old was correcting your spelling the entire time...... sorry I can't be of help, I only speak and read English.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
He followed you in the house for officer safety.

Yeah, but is it legal?

I guess since he was actually given permission to come in, it would be OK, but what if Shoguy said "no, you can't come in my house"?

If the officer forced his way in without a warrant, would it not be illegal?

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
To better answer your question, it would help to know how old you are?

I'm assuming this was a Modesto PD officer who handled the stop. The city of Modesto (and many other CA cities) has recently been inundated with these small bikes of all kinds and the accompanying citizen complaints of them being ridden in the roadway, on sidewalks, in parking lots, etc.

There is quite a bit of pressure to stop this activity, your case being a perfect example. You are operating a vehicle not licensed for the street, you do not have a license in your possession and you don't have insurance.

Since you did not have your license in possession, the officer has to assume that you are not who you claim to be so until he sorts that out, he pats you down and "detains" you in the back seat of his car. All traffic stops are considered a detention, so whether you spend the time in his car or yours, you are legally detained and not allowed to move about freely.

Following you into the house is a no-brainer and is always allowed since you told him the license is in your room and you are his detainee. If you don't like it, carry your license - it's that simple.

If I were you, I would pay the fine and move on, a trip to the local Modesto traffic court could yield you a higher fine since there is a good chance the judge has experience with people riding such bikes in his neighborhood......

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Or like down here in FL we have had a bunch of kids get hit and killed on those damned things.

For some reason it became cool to ride those things to school (We have a elementary school and middle school within city limits). My city's PD (Maitland) got tired after our police chief almost mowed down a few kids on his way home from work. The officers went to school at the end of the day and wrote tickets and then took the kids and their bikes home. Then they reamed their parents about it because the city had just posted an article in our paper about it.

Stupid people. It was funny to see 10 minimopeds in the back of the cops personal trucks and then the DARE program E250 dropping kids off at their houses.

Matt

Mr.Shortround

Established Member
If an officer needed to follow you to get your licence, could you ask him to take off his shoes for a white carpet? :D

This sounds like he thought you were going to run away. He obviously saw you jump off the moped and start going toward your house. Out of curiosity, why didn't you have your Id? You should always carry it on you outside of your house incase something happens. (medically or legally)

tistan

Established Member
There is quite a bit of pressure to stop this activity, your case being a perfect example. You are operating a vehicle not licensed for the street, you do not have a license in your possession and you don't have insurance.
You can pedal a bicycle down the street and you don't have to have a license and insurrance. I don't see how it is that much different when he was just riding around the neighborhood block. When growing up we always road gokarts around the block.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
tistan said:
You can pedal a bicycle down the street and you don't have to have a license and insurrance. I don't see how it is that much different when he was just riding around the neighborhood block. When growing up we always road gokarts around the block.
A bike is not a motor vehicle. The law is the law. We dont make them, we enforce them.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
This has been asked and answered. More posts will only cause a flame war.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread