Got a Tablet...Where the hell do I get movies online?

yellow98stang

Established Member
I recently got the Acer Iconia a500 and now realize there is nearly nowhere to download movies to it. I downloaded and payed for hangover 2 from itunes on my imac because I wanted a movie for a trip and loaded it to the tablet only to find out apple puts some bs encryption or something that doesn't allow it to play on android devices...

Where can I download movies online that are android/ tablet compatible? I dont care if they are free or pay...

thanks,
Dan

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Did you actually buy Hangover2 directly off iTunes or did you torrent it and play it through iTunes as your media player?

I believe youre SOL if you purchased it through iTunes, unless theres some program you can download and run that uncracks it and lets you access it through any compatible media player (WMP, VLC, etc) and then move it over to the tablet. Or unless that tablet (android iirc) has an iTunes app, which I doubt.

If you torrent'd it then its just a matter of converting it to the right format so that your tablet can recognize and play its extension.

Last edited:

yellow98stang

Established Member
You can rent and buy movies on the android market. You can choose to either stream them or download them to the tablet.

Know a good app?

Did you actually buy Hangover2 directly off iTunes or did you torrent it and play it through iTunes as your media player?

I believe youre SOL if you purchased it through iTunes, unless theres some program you can download and run that uncracks it and lets you access it through any compatible media player (WMP, VLC, etc) and then move it over to the tablet. Or unless that tablet (android iirc) has an iTunes app, which I doubt.

If you torrent'd it then its just a matter of converting it to the right format so that your tablet can recognize and play its extension.

I bought it directly from iTunes, so I have found out that i'm pretty much out of luck with that one...
I dont know anything about torrents, and I dont want to get some sort of tracking from dl'ing copyrighted movies. I also want perfect quality so I can play from my tablet through my receiver in HD...

You can convert DVDs to wmv or mp4. There are also torrents and sites such as pspiso.com that have movies already in those formats.

That is the only way I have found and it seems like way too much a pain in the ass to buy/ convert dvd's.

netflix app............

Can you buy from netflix? I probably need to setup a netflix acct too right?

How has google not come out with their own "iTunes" style marketplace already for the android/ non-apple crowd????

thanks again,
Dan

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Know a good app?

I bought it directly from iTunes, so I have found out that i'm pretty much out of luck with that one...
I dont know anything about torrents, and I dont want to get some sort of tracking from dl'ing copyrighted movies. I also want perfect quality so I can play from my tablet through my receiver in HD...

That is the only way I have found and it seems like way too much a pain in the ass to buy/ convert dvd's.

Can you buy from netflix? I probably need to setup a netflix acct too right?

How has google not come out with their own "iTunes" style marketplace already for the android/ non-apple crowd????

thanks again,
Dan

Netflix Apps are free. You just pay for the subscription which is 8$ a month. You have to have internet access to watch it though. Meaning, you need WiFi or 3G connection.

silverstang23

Established Member
Netflix. The app is free but you have to pay for the subscription. Or use a friends who was an extra login or doesn't use it much

yellow98stang

Established Member
Just buy from Amazon. You can steam it any time you want.

Netflix. The app is free but you have to pay for the subscription. Or use a friends who was an extra login or doesn't use it much

Netflix Apps are free. You just pay for the subscription which is 8$ a month. You have to have internet access to watch it though. Meaning, you need WiFi or 3G connection.

I want to be able to have the movies saved on a sd card so I do not have to stream them. I want to be able to watch them w/o an internet connection...

yellow98stang

Established Member
I like everything about the tablet, except for this movie issue. I still can not believe that there is no simple digital download of movies that are compatible! From what I have read, even if you buy a dvd or bluray w/ a digital copy, it is encrypted and doesn't play on anything but a ipad as far as a mobile device...

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I dont have a tablet so Im not sure if it works the same as my EVO (same OS) but the app mx video player plays just about anything I throw at it. Download a torrent and try it out.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

I download 720p rips and stream from my PC onto my 360 using serviio. I cant do 1080p over wireless yet, need to go either wireless-N or hardline. You wouldnt be able to tell the difference in quality of a ripped 720p vs an actual version unless youre some insane videophile.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
How do you get 3g on these tablets anyways? Through a provider like Sprint or some other independent provider/method?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I use an APP for my iPhone called Downloads, or download manager. I browse warezbb and download any movie I want fast as hell with my premium RS account without even plugging it into my computer. It also extracts RAR and ZIP files and plays nearly any audio file type and obviously support Apple video types.

I'm sure there is something available that's similar for Android.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I need help rooting a Tablet thing I got..As not to hack the thread..if anybody knows about this kind of thing. PM me

Users who are viewing this thread