Got a ticket today

EvolvedResolve

Too fast to fook
Established Member
I'm normally not one to street race, but I got a wild hair today.
Weather was perfect, roads were empty, car was running hard. We were outside of the city limits and no one was around, but I still understand the safety risk.. just a dumb move on my part. 2010 Camaro SS, went from a roll and we were clocked at 121 mph. The sheriff gave us the option for a speeding citation or arrest and impound for racing.

I assume my license will be revoked upon pleading guilty. I can't imagine what the fine will be. Bummer :(

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well did you win? Good thing you didn't go to jail..they would have PIIYB:-D

Fat-cat

Established Member
That sucks man. Always that chance of getting pinched. Depending on your record you might get away with a fine. Not sure how laws work in your area though. I have been caught once but let go " thank god " and try real hard not to get involved to much in street hits. Prolly have 5-6 real street races a year.. lots of little 2 gear pulls though its part of the sport.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry to hear about the ticket. I learned my lesson a while back when I received a racing on the highway ticket. I had to hire a lawyer as it was considered a criminal charge back then. Ended up getting off with 12 hours worth of comedy driving school, $500 in court cost and the cost of the lawyer.

I don't even bother messing around on the street anymore as tempting as it is sometimes.

In South Florida they actually did away with the whole "Racing on a Highway" charge. The courts decided that there was no way to prove that the subject was actually racing rather than speeding independently side by side. You can still get a reckless driving or speeding ticket but there's no automatic suspension of your license and they dont repo the car anymore.

Jared

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Well luckily he gave you just the speeding ticket. I would get the best traffic court lawyer you can find and with some luck you'll at least least get the penalties reduced.

I've been very lucky to have never been caught but street racing at triple-digit speeds is pushing your luck.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
id say yall 2 were very lucky... if it was me, id take him to court and hope he doesnt show up... :)

it doesn't work this way in Texas and only rarely works in other states. cops are paid overtime to show up in court and judges take a dim view of them not showing up.

EvolvedResolve

Too fast to fook
Established Member
I didn't post it in this forum, it was moved here :lol1:

Ticket was deferred; only had to pay the fine. I'll be sending Lethal the bill

oldmodman

Established Member
it doesn't work this way in Texas and only rarely works in other states. cops are paid overtime to show up in court and judges take a dim view of them not showing up.

Then you given me the only good reason for staying in California.

I recently polled all my close associates about tickets and penalties.

All but one always plead not guilty, then asked for an extension. And out of seventeen tickets that were pled on, thirteen had no show officers. A fairly decent chance, well worth throwing the dice.

And in the four incidents in which the officers showed up, two of the people won their cases. And in the other two the dollar cost was no higher than if they had just paid the ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread