Got Balls?

stevieb

Established Member
Now heres something that looks like a hoot. Balls to the wall racing on a open Nevada Highway.....totally legal too!
Check out this sight www.sscc.us Its the Silver State Classic Challange, a 90 mile closed highway unlimited top end (First timers have to enter the 125 mph class, but you can go up to 160 mph bursts.
They have a few events, I believe its May, July, and 2 in September 04.
Lets hear some feedback on this, this is better than 1/4 mile crap, besides this is what these cars were made for.:burnout: :rockon:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I saw a piece on that several years ago. WOT racing and it makes the nascar guys look like wimps!

stevieb

Established Member
Yeah, anybody with a stock car could run. I think I would put some coil overs on for them 130 mph sweeping s-turns. :-D

kaos

Established Member
That's my dream right there. I never knew I would be able to do this. I thought it was for professional race car drivers. There was a thread just recently and the guy filmed it in his 03 cobra. I saw that and I had the biggest hard on. Here's the link he gave. http://www.openroadracing.com/index.html

I'll look for that thread real quick with his video.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Originally posted by omslaw
Okay here's the vid. I still have to find the thread.

http://www.davediedrich.com/Bonneville movie1.htm

It's so bad ass. I was telling my friend that he's going to be my co pilot hopefully next year or the one after that.

Okay I'm back here's the thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70151&highlight=Bonneville

George.....I admit that vid is sweeeet. But.... I drive like that almost out of habit on these sorry ass S. Ga. roads w/ F1's. I'd be averaging 125 or better on those gentle sweeps with a nice pair of Nitto's of BFG's bolted on.

kaos

Established Member
Lucky. I did find an empty road once and I let her rip in 4th up to 6800 rpm. I believe I have 3.55's and according the calculators that's around 149 with my 295/35-18 tires. What a rush!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Here's another link for Nevada Open Road Racing:

http://www.openroadracing.com/

I think the fastest you can go the first time is the 140 MPH group with a top speed of 160.

I'm seriously thinking about doing this next year but my brother chickened out on me for the Navigator seat. And my Nephew is not 18 yet. So, it may not be next year?

This could very well be the most fun you can have with your clothes on?:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

stevieb

Established Member
I think we should try an get some folks together and form a group to go. Theres a few dates available and still plenty of time to get set up.
According to the web sight first timers cant go over the 125 group. Thats still a rush. Its not like hitting 125 or 140 for a quick burst of speed while youre looking for cops in your mirror! Think you all can maintain 125 +for 90 straight miles or say about 45-50 straight minutes?:rockon:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Don't forget the trans and rear end coolers. The sustained high speeds generate a lot of heat. I've wanted to enter the Silver State for years. It looks like a lot of fun. :)

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
have raced in it before ... the winner of each class is the one that
can come the closest to the speed limit of the class for the whole
race.. ie 125 class (avg like 124.99999 or right on 125) .it is
time distance thing to win but no cops to worry about !!!!!!

se ya jeff

stevieb

Established Member
Id trailer my car there and back. My new saying would be "Whatsa behind me isa not important" as quoted in Gumball Rally.
Good idea about the coolers. So if we add that to the list with coil overs, anti roll bar, that should do it you think? I wonder if the F-1's would handle it.
P.S. My boss wanted to enter his Hayabusa in it, I told him its only open to 4 wheels, so maybe if he put training wheels on it he could get in....I hope he doesnt make me work Xmas now!:fm:

Users who are viewing this thread