Got beat BAD!!!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: GN's, GNX's and Blue03Cobra

Originally posted by Raven
My hat is off to Blue03Cobra :beer: - you got all the right info about the GNX and your post was very impressive.
:thumbsup:
Why thank you :takeabow:

I have to give props to BuickGNX.com for most of the info, but I've been following the GNs since I was in college in the mid 80s. They were WAY out of my affordable range (along with the '86 SVO), but I'll never forget the magazine article where they ran a brand new, factory stock GNX on a well prepped track in sub 20 degree weather and got something ridiculous like an 11.9 quarter mile. Backed up by several low, low 12s... Was the fastest factory stock car ever tested, at that time. Couldn't call it a ringer...they were all ringers, all 547 of them ;-)

I work with a guy that has a '00 WS6, but two cars back had a Regal T-type, and know what they can do when properly set-up. :beer:

P.S. Welcome to the site. Most of us are musclecar junkies, regardless of brand :thumbsup:

SVTJES

Established Member
Buick GNX is definitly a car I would like to have down the road! I have always admired the technology of that car for its time. Some look at it and do not quite understand what is to like, but to real enthusiasts we all know. Well mabey someday!

JES

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
Originally posted by Mcteague
Have you raced a KB 03 Cobra? Now that would be a race and my money would be on the Cobra.

I missed the part where a KB 03 Cobra and my car came into play. :dw: Please, enlighten me... :-D

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I came out of the gym one night and some lady was rolling by in what was a beautiful GNX. Had mud and crap all over it, smoking in it, all ragged to Hell. Such a shame...

GN/GNX/Ttype's are so badass. Buddy of mine had a GN in the very low 10's, looked stock. Total sleeper. Very impressive cars.

My favorite is probably the Limited. "Going fast with class." Saw one in an old issue of HTP (pre-GMHTP) and it was awesome.

Mcteague

Banned
Originally posted by Wease
I missed the part where a KB 03 Cobra and my car came into play. :dw: Please, enlighten me... :-D

Sorry, I didn't notice you drive an LS1. Saw your low post count and defense of the GN I assumed you were one of the many Buick guys that suddenly arrived here. :)

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
Originally posted by Mcteague
Sorry, I didn't notice you drive an LS1. Saw your low post count and defense of the GN I assumed you were one of the many Buick guys that suddenly arrived here. :)

No biggie. I've been on here for a couple months, but I mostly lurk... ;)

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Well, tony_03COBRA, remember that video I posted of the old family sedan whooping a Supra? Just remeber that anyone can make any car fast. At the end of the day, you'll have a new Cobra sitting in your driveway and he'll have that car in his drive way :thumbsup:

lc2kenny

Originally posted by NeedaCobra
Well, tony_03COBRA, remember that video I posted of the old family sedan whooping a Supra? Just remeber that anyone can make any car fast. At the end of the day, you'll have a new Cobra sitting in your driveway and he'll have that car in his drive way :thumbsup:

:cryying:

Sounds like every ricer I've beat in the Buick. :rollseyes

Project9

Established Member

I hope to god you are kidding and I just missed the smiley face somewhere. We are talking about a car, the gnx, that went 13.4@105 damn near 20 years ago. That car is a part of America's automotive legacy, and you can bet with only 547 made that people will be looking to aquire them for years to come.

Granted the Cobra looks a hell of alot better but performance wise they are a pretty close match and I would go so far as to say a well maintained stock GNX, which you will never find a stock one, would be a drivers race for a stock 03. When you start moding though they are both easy as shit to mod and make fast as hell, unfortunatley if you mod your cobra to go that fast you loose the only other thing besides looks its got over the GNX, its warrenty.

I understand you want to stand up for the blue oval and especially the new kick ass cobra but please do so with some sense, because when you start talking out your ass like you did in that crap I qouted you dont just make yourself look bad you make other cobra owners look bad.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Ummm

(1) I don't own a Cobra so I can't make Cobra owners look bad.
(2) I'm single, so I like how a lot of girls like my car. A few GNs have came by work and all they can say is "red neck." Maybe if I lived in the hills of Tennesse and married a wife w/ only 3 teeth left, I have a 3x4' confederate flag on my porch, and a used valves tied w/ chicken wire hung on my porch for a wind chime, then I'd have a GN over a Cobra. GNs are fast, not pretty, but fast. Supras are fast, pretty and fast. Some Mustangs are fast, pretty (well, except the Mustang II) and fast. If you like GNs or GNXs, have at it. I won't get in your way. I'd rather be in a Cobra or Mustang anyday over a GN. If I had a GN, I'd take the turbos off of it and make me a DIY turbo kit and sale or just park it in my garage, mod it, and take it to the track. I wouldn't want to drive it around town. Just my opinion. We all have 'em ;-)

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
attachment.php

This is my car. It may not be really fast yet, but I like it ;-)

lc2kenny

Ummm

(2) I'm single, so I like how a lot of girls like my car. A few GNs have came by work and all they can say is "red neck." Maybe if I lived in the hills of Tennesse and married a wife w/ only 3 teeth left, I have a 3x4' confederate flag on my porch, and a used valves tied w/ chicken wire hung on my porch for a wind chime, then I'd have a GN over a Cobra. GNs are fast, not pretty, but fast. Supras are fast, pretty and fast. Some Mustangs are fast, pretty (well, except the Mustang II) and fast. If you like GNs or GNXs, have at it. I won't get in your way. I'd rather be in a Cobra or Mustang anyday over a GN. If I had a GN, I'd take the turbos off of it and make me a DIY turbo kit and sale or just park it in my garage, mod it, and take it to the track. I wouldn't want to drive it around town. Just my opinion. We all have 'em ;-)

You're a moron.

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
Ummm

Man, I guess I'll have to go out and get a Confederate Flag (3'x4' of course), some chicken wire and old valves for some windchimes, divorce my beautiful wife to find one with only three teeth and a limited vocabulary of "Redneck", take off the turbo (my GN only had ONE turbo from the factory so maybe those where you live are special?), pimp me up some grand DIY Turbo kit which of course would be a work of art, and then move to Tennessee so that I don't disappoint your myopic view of people who are faster than you - which is probably anyone else with a car.

Or? Maybe you would like to run a GN sometime and get a real education?

Oh, and your post didn't make anyone look bad - just yourself. But you probably already knew that too.

Have a nice day. :burn:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Ummm, I'd rather own an SRT-4 than a GN.

So I'm stupid b/c I have an opinion. You and your friend have been on here "so long" w/ your 3 or 4 posts and you think you own this site and have the last say in every issue? And no, not many cars in my area can beat my car :nono:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Ummm,
I could sale my car and buy a local Chevy truck w/ a 454 that lifts the front end off the ground 1 ft. easily and runs some impressive times and still have money left over. Why don't I? Cause I like *my* car, you can feel free to like *your* car, but that doesn't mean that I have to ;-)

Last edited:

95_LT1_Z

Established Member

So I'm stupid b/c I have an opinion. You and your friend have been on here "so long" w/ your 3 or 4 posts and you think you own this site and have the last say in every issue? And no, not many cars in my area can beat my car :nono:

you must have only civics and integras around your area if "not many cars can beat you":rollseyes

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member

:lol:
The quality of your posts speaks volumes of your maturity, as well as of your 'opinion'. You are entitled to have and drive anything you like - just don't knock my car and I won't knock yours, ok? I didn't start flaming your cute little 5.0, now did I? You came out all hard and stuff about the GN's. You've got to know that those of us who are a little more openminded than you would respond now didn't you?

And, I didn't realize that you could have 'X' number of posts to actually own this site? So just when I can expect ownership to commence? Lets see... I have about 4 or so now, so will 10 suffice? Hmmm??? (I've been lurking here for several months now so I don't think I'm exactly a 'newbie') Do 6 months of lurking count toward site ownership?

Last say? I don't recall anyone saying specifically that you were stupid - a moron, yes - stupid, no, and even I didn't call you that (although I must admit a certain amount of agreement with that opinion in light of your posts and flaming - but humorous - rhetoric).:dw:

And just for your info - there's Black '03 Cobra in my garage (that belongs to my son) sitting next to my GN and I've added one to my own shopping list. Is that ok by you? I also like the Neon pocket rocket but it will easily be embarassed by a GN or TR. To each his own though...

Be careful out there, ok? There are plenty of streets to go around. Just be careful though if an Intercooled GN pulls up next to you - especially if the license plates say "RAVEN 87" and it has a nasty hiss. :nono:

That particular car does not play well with others, especially stock 5.0's, no matter what part of the country they come from.

Peace.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
"Can't we all just get along" :rolling:

I never meant to start a argument over this. The past few days I have been stressed due to some of my lazy co-workers :( I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way. GNs are nice car, I personally just like 03 Cobras. I was just "comforting" the guy who "got beaet BAD!!!" No flame or anything meant, I was just "venting" some pressure from work. Sorry if I came off as a little punk kid.

Users who are viewing this thread