Got beat BAD!!!

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
Originally posted by tony_03COBRA
Hey Hermes this was in the downriver area. If you know that area, we were going down Allen road. Is this the guy you know? If it is tell him he has one of the fastest cars I have ever seen. Seriously I have never seen a car pull like that in real life. On videos and stuff yea but when you see it in real life your just like "WHOA". Really is a sleeper too.

Anyone who looks at a GN/GNX/T-Type and doesnt Expect to get his ass handed to him, needs a lesson in cars. I would NEVER call one of these cars a sleeper. They are WAY to easy to make fast for cheap and almost everyone who has one, has it modded.

cobra_kid_14

well my dads friend has a ws6 and a gnx and there rare they only made about 500 hundred and 2 went to canada 1 wraped around a tree and the other we think is in a dealer ship in winipeg canada.
he went to la to get the GNX...wow

Wild Bill

Established Member
Personally I love GNs.It is a very rare treat to see one on the road around here.I have run 2 so far,and became good friends with one of the owners.I think the cars are pretty similar in 1/4 mile performance.A stock 03 will have an advantage over a stock GN. Once the bolt-ons come they both are really strong runners.I would not compare a GN with a bigger turbo to a bolt on cobra.You will need a Kennebell for a more even match.With a couple more years I think the Cobras will catch up,as more and more parts come to market.The GNs are deffinatley one of the all time greats though.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
I think GM should come out with a new generation of T-Types, ot at least some turbo buick. Yeah, the new GTPs and Supercharged bonnevilles are quick, but just imagine what they could do with todays technology if they had cars 20 years ago that were running around like a bat outta hell.

trbo6gn

Banned
(1) I don't own a Cobra so I can't make Cobra owners look bad.
(2) I'm single, so I like how a lot of girls like my car. A few GNs have came by work and all they can say is "red neck." Maybe if I lived in the hills of Tennesse and married a wife w/ only 3 teeth left, I have a 3x4' confederate flag on my porch, and a used valves tied w/ chicken wire hung on my porch for a wind chime, then I'd have a GN over a Cobra. GNs are fast, not pretty, but fast. Supras are fast, pretty and fast. Some Mustangs are fast, pretty (well, except the Mustang II) and fast. If you like GNs or GNXs, have at it. I won't get in your way. I'd rather be in a Cobra or Mustang anyday over a GN. If I had a GN, I'd take the turbos off of it and make me a DIY turbo kit and sale or just park it in my garage, mod it, and take it to the track. I wouldn't want to drive it around town. Just my opinion. We all have 'em

THat guy is a complete moron. how many people do u know have an 03 cobra? and how many do u know with a gn? this is the whole thing i love 03 cobras but anyone with 34000 dollars can have one but with a gn they are so rare to find one and then u have to spend the time and money to fix it up so that it is even drivable most of the time. id feel sorry for u if u ever got a performance car because u are a complete moron. whats next for ur stang?probably altezza lights and a huge decal along the side. tipical wannabe.

Last edited:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member

THat guy is a complete moron. how many people do u know have an 03 cobra? and how many do u know with a gn? this is the whole thing i love 03 cobras but anyone with 34000 dollars can have one but with a gn they are so rare to find one and then u have to spend the time and money to fix it up so that it is even drivable most of the time. id feel sorry for u if u ever got a performance car because u are a complete moron. whats next for ur stang?probably altezza lights and a huge decal along the side. tipical wannabe. [/B]

You're calling me a complete moron while you are the one who cannot,
(1) actually read the thread and see that I apologized: :rolleyes: "I never meant to start a argument over this. The past few days I have been stressed due to some of my lazy co-workers I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way. GNs are nice cars, I personally just like 03 Cobras. I was just 'comforting' the guy who 'got beaet BAD!!!' No flame or anything meant, I was just 'venting' some pressure from work. Sorry if I came off as a little punk kid."
(2) construct a post that has proper grammar :kaboom:

Also, your [flawed] argument is "anyone with 34000 dollars can have one"?!?! I'm sure w/ 34k I could find several GNs (there is one 3 minutes away from me w/ torque thrust wheels, black paint, red flames, etc which I think is for sale, there is another 6 minutes away from me that is a little less taken care of). You also asked for the next thing I would do to my car? Well, I'm currently in college and then I have about five years of graduate work to pay for so right now, my budget for my car is empty. If I did have money, I'm not sure, perhaps some h/c/i work or a turbocharger. I'm sorry if I'm not spending my college education on a car that will one day rust and fall apart as all cars do, even your beloved GN. Am I the moron? I'm investing in my education, is that stupid? Anyone with a brain the size of a lab rat would agree that education is more important than a car. Please, consider what you said and also remember to read the complete thread before showing out like you have :nonono:

trbo6gn

Banned
i am also in college but i also work 2 jobs in order to pay for my car and the mods done to it. that is y i take offence to u talking "shit" about the car i own. how would u like it if i came in here and completed ripped ur car up? after u spent ur money and time building it. i dont think u would appreciate it either. and u didn't understand what i said by anyone could buy an 03 cobra i meant as in anyone can go to a ford dealership drive it home and have a 36 000 mile warrenty on it with a gn u have to search for one buy it and then most likely fix it before it is even drivable(with no warrenty). maybe u should just think about what u say before u say it because im sure if u said that to any gn owner in person he would glady give u a piece of his mind and maybe his fist.

snakeownerin03

Established Member
This is a good site

Its nice to come on other sites, read about other cars such as the GN and see a healthy opinion of respect. Yes the GN is sixteeen years old and technology has surpassed in many ways, but we benefit from a healthy aftermarket as well. I have a 87 GN right now that I am selling and eventually will replace it with another one, but when it was running wow was it running. I like the new terminators though, very quiet and stealthy looking street sleepers. A couple of grand in mods and you got a real monster on your hands. This was a very good thread, thanks to the mustang guys who know how to show quite a bit of class when it comes to cars and especially the GN.
Thanks Again
Steve Chambers

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
trbo: My point was that I already apologized if anyone took offence. The whole thing started when I said to the guy who got beat that at the end of the day, he'd be driving a 03 Cobra and the other guy would be driving a GN. Then a whole phalanx of GN owners started calling me an idiot, yata yata yata for no reason. Then I defended myself, then someone else replied, etc. The issue was over until you went and puked it back up again because you didn't take the time to read the thread. If you like a GN, have fun. This is a Ford website, and the majority of us like Fords. If on occasion we make fun of, or show our opinions towards, non-Ford cars (Hondas, Chebees, etc.) then that's OK, 'cause we are not catering to the other "brands." A lot of people at LS1.com mock Fords by saying things like "5.slows" and other things about Fords and Mustangs but we don't go and post such diatribe because of it :nono:

Last edited:

JDP

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
...if I lived in the hills of Tennesse and married a wife w/ only 3 teeth left, I have a 3x4' confederate flag on my porch, and a used valves tied w/ chicken wire hung on my porch for a wind chime...

^^^That right there made this whole thread worthwhile. Good stuff, especially the wind chimes, laughed my ass off.:)

GNandGS

Originally posted by 03DOHC
Please get back on topic. You all are starting to sound like a bunch of bitchy old women.:rolleyes:

Dontcha know we ARE a bunch of old folks? lol... dont know about the women part tho. heh.

I really like what Ford has done with the SC setup... BOUT TIME! You will find most think that too so dont sweat it.

Too bad things had to get kinda "nasty" there for a bit. Funny thing is Ive been lurking on here for a short while but had to find this thread via an outside link. lol.

I dont own a Ford but dont read too much in my posting this link... its just funny to me. Make one about a Buick - I dont care:
http://www.gwtra.org/media/The_STALKER.wmv

Shawn

WDW MKR

Established Member
Great thread! I've owned both cars and I love both cars. I plan on buying me another GN in due time, but the 03 isn't going anywhere. This car reminds me of the Buick in so many ways, but with much better handling/braking/etc. Force induction from the factory, understated appearance, nasty stance...... it's all there.

The GN ran 11.8@118 in street trim, so it was pretty notorious around town. I suppose, after some time, you just get tired of slowing down for corners. Not to mention the leaky t-tops, aging (yet cool) interior, and everything else that comes with a late-80s car. Sold that car with 117k miles on it, and got more than I paid..... so you can imagine what kind of condition it was in. But for all around fun factor, with the right amount of brute force mixed in, it just doesn't get better than the 03 Cobra (unless you have $70-90k for Viper :-D ).

Considering the times I ran my first time out in the Cobra, it's gonna be even more fun modding this car!
Hey Raven..... It'll be hard to read that "RAVEN 87" when it's backwards in my rear view mirror ;-)

Last edited:

myclone

I cant believe someone from SC is calling ppl from TN rednecks :shrug: ......

Last edited:

skunk50

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Maybe. The GN's and Regals always did look fast, if not intimidating.

i don't think they look fast. they just look really mean....and Monte Carlo like. still mean as hell.

QuickWE4

Established Member
Please don't ever use the words "Monte Carlo" in the same sentence as Turbo Buick. 'Tis blasphemy.

Going back into my Redneck hole now.

:beer:
Rich

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread