Got beat down by a 4 door Honda!!!

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
First I'm driving with my wife to get some feeder fish. Ahead of us in the far left lane, I'm in the far right, traffic in the center, I see a black 4 door Civic, nothing special about the car other then a fart can, and a un-tuned suspention drop. First red light, I wasn't gonna wait my time. So on the green light, I just took off like normal, he took off a bit harder but realized I wasn't racing, so once he got accrosed the intersection he slowed way down, and as I got close, he floored it and farted his way passed me. I started to laugh, but then black smoke, and he took off FAST. I was impressed, so at the next light up the road, I gave him a little rev to let him know I was gonna go this time. He was on a 2 step, so I knew he was gonna launch hard. Green light, very little spin from me, some spin from him, we were even from the first 10 feet or so, then I pulled ahead very quickly, and by 80 I was 4-6 lenghts ahead. I could see him in my side view. I slowed down, gave the thumbs up with a smile. He singled for a roll race. I nodded sure. On his honk, we hit it. From a 40 roll he pulled 1 lenght, then I passed him through 2nd, through 3rd he cought me, and stayed right next to me, top of 3rd he started to pull, then he pulled ahead hard 2 more leghts. I shut it down at 120 and he was 3 leghts up. We both slow down I yelled "great top end man" He replyed, "Turbo and a 100 Shot".
So in cunclusion, he had a beater, he drove like a ricer, but from a roll he was deadly quick. I got beat by a ricer!!!

Edit: I was in the Lightning

Last edited:

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
so he had a bottled beater, u have a nice L... now did u really get "beat" in the end? haha

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
some of these civics are getting fast.. my cousin has a 96 hatchback that is getting a turbo k20 swap soon and it is going to be a beast.

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
Racing in a lightning from a 40 roll is the worst possible speed! You should know that. At least you got him from a dig. Big ass brick is all it is. I love my brick!

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
I'm assuming he didn't spray from a dig? Your basic turbo Civic/Integra doesn't really impress me much. I remember driving my old Cobra (just a 98 with bolt ons) and I raced and beat a Turbo Integra from a roll 30-110ish. I also had 3 passengers. Another time in my old 98 GT (gears, bolt ons... 14.6) and I lost by about half a car to a turbo Civic. I expected to be owned.

What's done to the L?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
CobraMarkVIII said:
so he had a bottled beater, u have a nice L... now did u really get "beat" in the end? haha

Yea he did.

Last time I was at the track I was talking to a guy who went through the trouble to turbo charge the sohc 1.6 in his 4 door Civic. He was running 10lbs of boost I think, he ran 14 flats all night.

jfsram

Established Member
Should have went home and got your Focus. Or would that have been beaten up too?

odin673

Established Member
CobraMarkVIII said:

By that logic a Mustang has never beaten a BMW/Exotic/Mercedes.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
lol, Lots of good comments guys, thanks.

He sprayed when he did his first little ricer fly by, that's what caused me to think it'd be a good race.

Race from the dig, he didn't spray in 1st, but he did in 2nd for sure, but I had a good head start, and he coulnd't over come the speed lead advangtage.

Roll, as soon as he sprayed, he walked right past me through my 3rd gear.

As far as if I should have got the Focus, the dig race would have a drivers race I'm going to assume. My Focus is faster the my Lightning from a roll, but from a dig, 1/2 a second seperates the 1/4 mile times.

Most of my mods are on my CarDomaine, Saince the last time I updated it, I've added the MP built blower, the JLP Sheet Metal Intake, and the 2.73 upper.

morrison_205

Established Member
03blklightning said:
Racing in a lightning from a 40 roll is the worst possible speed! You should know that. At least you got him from a dig. Big ass brick is all it is. I love my brick!

i agree 40 roll = BOGGY. i never race from 40 in my L.

Users who are viewing this thread