Got my cam today.....

corvetteman39

Established Member
And valve springs and the bearing kit for the stock rocker arm upgrade in today. I went with a .558/.563 valve lift and .006 265/271 tappet lift as recommended by Comp cams and my machinest.

001-4.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

This is the Lg exhaust set up I went with as well..............This is all for my vette BTW......

headers.jpg

Last edited:

corvetteman39

Established Member
Jesus... thats a large cam. Cant wait to see some vids of that

Yea I'm pretty excited to hear it and see the power I get from all I'm doing to my vette, I've been you tubing alot over the last week just viewing cammed C5's with almost the same set up I'm doing just to hear them and watch them run!!

NJ 03 GT

Established Member
My buddy has a 25X/ 25X cam in his ta ( hes on here Dommic Bird (sp) ) and i get wood everytime he leave my house... when that thing start OMG.

What other mods do you have? Whos doing your tunning? A4 or M6?

corvetteman39

Established Member
My buddy has a 25X/ 25X cam in his ta ( hes on here Dommic Bird (sp) ) and i get wood everytime he leave my house... when that thing start OMG.

What other mods do you have? Whos doing your tunning? A4 or M6?

A4 and I'm thinkin of possibly having Ed Wright out of Tulsa to do my tuning or MC Racing out of KC. I have a Wieland LS6 intake manifold , K&N ram air intake, a carbon fiber power duct, putting in MSD Coil packs, MSD 8.5mm wires, NGK Iridium plugs also have Comp cams performance timing chain set, mufferless exhaust, boring out the motor ten over, having the heads redone, drilled and slotted rotors and hawk brake pads, I think I named everything now! Whew!!

Robsvette008.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice bump-stick. How much power do you expect to make after the install?

nate71velly

Slow for now
Established Member
^ agree. that is a super small cam if that is what it is. My buddy's Firehawk has a custom grind with a duration of 254/265 @0.050. And your doing a few things backwards too. Ask any LS1 owner, never go with MSD coil pacs. They have a history of going out. Stock is best. Also if your going to spend the money on a manifold why not do it right and go with a 92mm FAST or since your boring the motor why not a ported 92mm-96mm. Seems like a waist of money for the Weiand.

corvetteman39

Established Member
^ agree. that is a super small cam if that is what it is. My buddy's Firehawk has a custom grind with a duration of 254/265 @0.050. And your doing a few things backwards too. Ask any LS1 owner, never go with MSD coil pacs. They have a history of going out. Stock is best. Also if your going to spend the money on a manifold why not do it right and go with a 92mm FAST or since your boring the motor why not a ported 92mm-96mm. Seems like a waist of money for the Weiand.

I have already owned the Weiland for quite sometime now, it was by choice back when I got it but now wished I'd bought the Fast. I was originally gonna do a 585 lift but when I spoke with comp cams and told them what I wanted to do they recommended this cam, I will still get a nice sound thru the exhaust because I am voiding cats plus have no mufflers. With what I'm doing I was told I would see anywhere from 450 to 480hp at the crank which is fine with me right now.

corvetteman39

Established Member
Last edited:

therobman

Established Member
that cam is tiny go big or go home the wieland intake is garbage sell it and get a stock ls6 intake weighs less and makes more power and those msd coils are know to go bad btw i own a cammed 2000 t/a edit lol seems like someone above had the same thing as me in mind

Last edited:

corvetteman39

Established Member
that cam is tiny go big or go home the wieland intake is garbage sell it and get a stock ls6 intake weighs less and makes more power and those msd coils are know to go bad btw i own a cammed 2000 t/a edit lol seems like someone above had the same thing as me in mind

Well my plans are to sell the Weiland and get the Fast and I have a three month warrenty on the Coils so I'll try them and if they don't work I'll get my money back.

Butters916

Established Member
Well my plans are to sell the Weiland and get the Fast and I have a three month warrenty on the Coils so I'll try them and if they don't work I'll get my money back.

Def do not install that cam...it is very small and the 115 lSA is barely going to give you the cam lope you want. Personally I would Go with a Texas Speed and Performance or Thunder Racing cam in the high 220 to low 230 duration and in the upper 500 or low 600 lift. Ls motors love a bigger cam profile and even the stock heads will work well for the power range your looking for. I have the TSP 233/239 .598 intake .603 exhaust on a 113 LSA and here is a quick idle video...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag2Djw3rZu0"]YouTube- 2001 Z28 Camaro idle- Texas Speed and Performance Cam[/nomedia]

vetterr

Established Member
You dont need a gaint cam to have a fast car. I have seen cars that have a smooth idle and that kick ass.

Last edited:

corvetteman39

Established Member
You dont need a gaint cam to have a fast car. I have seen cars that have a smooth idle and that kick ass.

Amen, thank you brother!! According to Comp cams and the machinest thats doing my motor work my car is gonna run like I want it to power wise and I'll still have a great exhaust note with the set up I went with.:banana::banana:

therobman

Established Member
yea deff get a fast over that heavy paperweight ive personally never had msd coils but herd nothing but bad things but yea try em out as for the cam i would go alot bigger but if you want something quiet with a little extra pep without needing or wanting an aftermarket stall then its perfect

hammerhead2

Established Member
Congrats on the parts man. That cam is on the small side but it all depends on what you want from the setup as to which camshaft to go with. I know it is hard to blelive for some people but bigger is not always better. GM high tech did a install on that cam a long time ago and if I remeber correctly it still picked up like 23rwhp over the stock cam. The stock LS1 cam is only 196/207 @ .050 on a 116 LSA with .467//.479 lift so his is still a big step up from that. I would really look at going with the Fast or a ported LS6 iintake though. But if you have the other already it does not cost you anything to use it.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Congrats!

Its kinda on the small side.. But if thats what you want.. Thats all that matters.

Good luck with the install and make sure to post pics of the process!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Congrats on the parts man. That cam is on the small side but it all depends on what you want from the setup as to which camshaft to go with. I know it is hard to blelive for some people but bigger is not always better. GM high tech did a install on that cam a long time ago and if I remeber correctly it still picked up like 23rwhp over the stock cam. The stock LS1 cam is only 196/207 @ .050 on a 116 LSA with .467//.479 lift so his is still a big step up from that. I would really look at going with the Fast or a ported LS6 iintake though. But if you have the other already it does not cost you anything to use it.

Winner! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread