Got my first LS1 kill in the Mach 1

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
So the car has been apart forever, over a year. Got it running 3 months ago. Made 356/339 SAE. Since then, ive been having a blast, before it was stock un tuned.
Well, recently a bunch of kids in my area have been going back and forth about whos shit dont stink and this and that. Half of them (my side) are logical, the other half has cars that run like shit yet they brag about and talk talk talk. I already cooked one of their Evos that supposedly makes 370 awhp, and one of the guys there said, "you wouldnt have a chance against my Trans Am in that Mach", I gave no shits and didnt even respond.
So fast forward to last weekend, I get a call from two people. One of them is the kid with the Evo, saying his friend with a "stock" Trans Am wants to race, the other is my buddy whos bro just got his ass busted by the same T/A cause he jumped and wouldnt dig. I said, sure! Headed out to see wtf this things got, im for fun so a L would be a L, no big deal. I talk to the kid who has the T/A, hes being smart at first saying, "I know im gonna lose, you showing me a fake dyno sheet". I just kinda laughed and said whatever, your damn lucky I even told you what the car made, I have nothing to hide. We decided on just one real quick dig, his choice. I dont care either way, but I dont hook for shit.
We line up, I honk, short shift into 2nd, start spinning and the rear moves a little bit, but I was in it 100%. Hook and instantly pull a car, hit 3rd, another 2, and into 4th I shut down @110 with over a solid bus. He pulls up next to me and wants to do another, we kept slowing down till like 35 which is a horrible rpm for me, but screw it, based off what just happened I should be good. I honk it and he jumps a little, but his car is an auto. (mines a 5 spd). I hit 3rd and pull, wind out 3rd into 4th and stay in it cause its clear. I let out right at 140 with probaly 2+ buses lol So we head back and he doesnt have shit to say, just "my car is STOCK". It just has a cai and exhaust. I talked to his friend today that made me feel a little better yet, I guess it has an LS6 intake, cai, polished TB, full exhaust and a tune. My car has mild cams, full exhaust, cai and a tune.

Heres the vid :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp5L7e87rnw

Last edited:

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Sweet story! It always feels great to shut up a shit talker. T/A owner can't even count 3 honks. Lol

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
Nice numbers and nice kill. You prolly had 20 or so whp on him and he has 200 or so lbs on you. This equals kill for you haha.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
These people in their autos making the guy with the standard do the honks is some bs.

My last two races were an auto 2010 SS Camaro, and an auto 2000ish SS camaro. Both pricks wanted me to honk, even though I've got to grab the gears while they just sit there and do nothing. Was all good, I rocked both of them just like OP did. With my weak ass n/a 4v.

Kiohtee

Established Member
These people in their autos making the guy with the standard do the honks is some bs.

My last two races were an auto 2010 SS Camaro, and an auto 2000ish SS camaro. Both pricks wanted me to honk, even though I've got to grab the gears while they just sit there and do nothing. Was all good, I rocked both of them just like OP did. With my weak ass n/a 4v.

It really doesn't detract. :shrug:

LS1Andrew

Established Member
Nice kill, OP!

Sounds like a strong Mach :beer:
I never realized that they were only 3300-3400 lbs, and I don't think I ever got to run against one when I had my LS1 Z28.

Users who are viewing this thread