Got Slayed In My Shelby

MineralCobra

Established Member
Pratice makes perfect, like most stated all the extra weight and espcially the wrong gear killed you. My suggestion is get to know your car a little before hitting mexico hard core. Take it out late night on some dead roads and do a few pulls in different speeds/ gears. Apply some of the great suggestion given above. This way you get familair with the car and how it would react. With all the power these cars have you want to be ready and comfortable if the car goes a little sideways, Would suck to experince this for 1st time being lined up between two cars. Enjoy ! Im sure the next post will be " I got the Vett and 5.0 by 10 cars" lol

Last edited:

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
Yeah, running on street tires still. I created a thread on the 2013-14 GT500 section trying to get recommendations on wheels and tires. I wanted to know if sticking with 20" wheels is the way to go or should I go down to something like a 17" wheel. I want to go with a 10.5" or 11" wide wheel with 305 or 315 Nittos. Still have a bunch of research to do.

Doing a few pulls in the middle of the night to get some practice is a great idea.

A stock Charger Hellcat wants to line up tonight. I'll let you guys know if anything happens.

I'll agree street racing isn't the smartest thing to do and it has a bunch of risks. But I feel it is a lot easier than driving +50 miles to a drag strip to spend a few bucks to make a couple of passes. As long as people are responsible and don't endanger other people then what is the harm, besides tickets?

bunits19714

Established Member
Down goes OP 0-2 both eyes are black and blue- If he is any kind of a driver you are toast- your tires are going to suck anything under 45-50 mph especially if it is a cool night out. drop the air pressure 5-6 pounds warm over what specs are. (located in the door jam of your car)

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Street Racing anywhere is stupid cannot believe anyone hasn't said this!

In Mexico really, good way to end up in jail and they keep your car

No, no, street racing in Mexico is legal. Apparently it's been awhile since you visited Tijuana. Just slip a couple peso's to the local policia and your good to go.........

ay114916163a-mexican-clown.jpg

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
^^^ LMAO

Didin't get to race the Hellcat or any other car tonight. Second spot got busted hard. Luckily some friends and I didn't didn't make it there in time when it went down. I'll tell the details in a new thread when I get my youtube video done.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
You were probably lugging an additional 500lbs worth of passenger. Next time shove one of your passengers into the vette and the other into the S550 and then try again. I don't think I could even operate the car properly with a full sized adult sitting behind me.

Thinking this myself. Knees in dashboard trying to race with a passenger would be a nightmare.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
I have a 4 door and I hate more than one passenger lol.
But yea OP, you should rape the shit out of them. Either you do need a lot of seat time, or someone is spraying.....

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Street Racing anywhere is stupid cannot believe anyone hasn't said this!

In Mexico really, good way to end up in jail and they keep your car
cool story. Actually a lot of people do it all the time. Why don't you stay out of this section if you don't like it or keep your negative comments to yourself if you don't agree

Users who are viewing this thread