Got something to replace the Cobra

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
I needed something more practical to drive and have always loved these cars. 2004 Marauder w/ 30k miles. I got it shipped from Texas and im already in love. It might be a bad sign though, not half an hour after getting it I got pulled over. The tag was in the back window and the cop said he couldnt see it through the tint. He gave me a warning and I was on my way. Of course Ive got a few mods planned for it, JLT intake, 4:10's and a tune and a nice sound system.

:banana::banana::banana:

DSCN3317.jpg

DSCN3318.jpg

DSCN3320.jpg

DSCN3319.jpg

9d6aa726.jpg

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Nice, I always thought those cars would make a comfy DD. :thumbsup:

BTW, did the Cobra sell to someone local or has it moved out of the area?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Damn, I guess I've been absent for a minute. I didn't even know you sold the cobra:shrug:. Last I knew you were putting a Whipple on it:??:

Congrats on the Merc, I love them and most people have no idea what they are. I have a few buddies with them if you need any info on them. However, Chris tunes their cars, so he'll be able to answer all your questions as well. Congrats again man:beer:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Jose you need to come over to my house with that thing so I can check it out, I picked up a 5 gallon keg of 90 minute on friday :-D

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
Nice, I always thought those cars would make a comfy DD. :thumbsup:

BTW, did the Cobra sell to someone local or has it moved out of the area?

Oh its so frickin comfortable! I love it.

The guy who bought the Cobra flew in from Missouri and drove it back. He got tired of getting beat by Cobras in his GTO so he bought mine.:-D

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
When I saw the first pic before reading, I thought you bought a car hauler. :eek:
Welcome to the Panther platform. I love my CVPI, not the power of your's of course.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Glad you got silver. At first I was thinking "Oh no, another black Marauder". I like the silver.

Those cars have a lot of potential. I actually got beat by one at a track rental cause I was pussy footing around with my dial in and thought I could catch him at the last minute. We both stomped on it the last couple hundred feet and I could not catch him in time.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
Yeah, same here...

Good pick up though, Jose. A much better fit!! :beer:

I had all these parts ready to go on the car and then it dawned on me, I've had this car a year and a half and have only put 6k miles on it and I'm about to dump $4k in mods on it, then by spring I'd need $1500 worth of clutch stuff. On a car I hate to drive in traffic and my commute is nothing but traffic.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Yeah this thing pulls hard as it is, I cant wait to put the 4:10s on it!:banana::banana::banana:

If you think it pulls hard now, wait until you do a tune on it, its like a night and day difference.

My car never spun the tires on the 1-2 shift stock :banana:

Also, if you car still rides on the stock BFG KDWS rears, plan for a good replacement. Not only are these tires terrible, but they dont come in the stock rear size anymore....

I, like plenty of other people, run a Nitto 420S, its technically a sport truck tire but thats good since the marauder is such a heavy car. It has abit more sidewall flex (not many tires have a sidewall made of military grade missle proof armor like the BFG) but it makes up for that in awesome traction.

Plus, even in a 255/55 size, these tires look huge and awesome :rockon:

IMG_3339.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

I suggest doing something about the stock headlights to, they suck, but HID's dont :-D

Users who are viewing this thread