Got spanked by a modded cobra last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Was riding around and got my ass handed to me by a modded 03 cobra. Don't know what he had but it was fast. Went from a dead stop about 1/4 or so....toasted me by 4 car lengths. Went from a 20 roll...i did better but still lost. I think I am buying a cobra...or getting a built block, KB, NOS, and making the truck the badest street machine around here.

Jesse

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
that sucks, you have to figure weight too, the cobra is alot lighter. Get a built block, kb and spray on that shit and you will kick some serious ass!!!:rockon:

rmgtc01

Established Member
He probably had your typical 2.7 or 2.8 pulley tune and some good bolt-ons. Your 11.9 on slicks maybe 12.5 or so on street tires. I have seen cobras with the above mods. go high 11's on streets or DR's.
That still is pretty sick and would give me a run for my money. :)

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Yeah, but you're a truck and you still hung in with a built cobra!!!! That is pretty awesome. The power opotential of those things is unreal. I think all of us go through the "I want a Cobra" stage. I did last summer. Most that do regret it. Keep working on the truck, you aren't that far off. How many 11 second trucks have you seen in person?

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
ChrisNelson said:
Yeah, but you're a truck and you still hung in with a built cobra!!!! That is pretty awesome. The power opotential of those things is unreal. I think all of us go through the "I want a Cobra" stage. I did last summer. Most that do regret it. Keep working on the truck, you aren't that far off. How many 11 second trucks have you seen in person?

There are a couple 11 sec trucks around here. None of them in town though. Only one KB truck in this area that I know of. There are several in the area with wet kits and stuff. I just want a ten sec Daily driver....is there anything wrong with that???

:thumbsup:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
PimpRohr said:
There are a couple 11 sec trucks around here. None of them in town though. Only one KB truck in this area that I know of. There are several in the area with wet kits and stuff. I just want a ten sec Daily driver....is there anything wrong with that???

:thumbsup:

Nope. Dude I just punched 'Skyjacker' into google to come up with their website and you guys came up before skyjacker. That's cool. :thumbsup:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
ChrisNelson said:
Nope. Dude I just punched 'Skyjacker' into google to come up with their website and you guys came up before skyjacker. That's cool. :thumbsup:

Yeah, we come up first on a lot of things usually. Punch in Truck Accessories.

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
He probably had your typical 2.7 or 2.8 pulley tune and some good bolt-ons. Your 11.9 on slicks maybe 12.5 or so on street tires. I have seen cobras with the above mods. go high 11's on streets or DR's.

Exactly what I was thinking! Don't let the lure of potentially more speed get you. The Cobra and Lightning are completely different to drive. There was more than power that made you decide to buy the Lightning in the first place.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Pimp do what im doing and have both, if u get tired of one sell it then i like the truck but 10's with 3k invested is alot better to the pocket book and gas card :thumbsup:

ViciousJay

Established Member
pppsshhhhhh, you'd wish that was me, im more like a chip and dale's dancer, hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread