Grab-A-Lane street car shootout

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
[youtube_browser]psb07WEHyfk[/youtube_browser]
I own the Red 01 Cobra which got knocked out in the first round....launched off the footbrake really light and still trapped 13 MPH higher than the fox.

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
Seems like a street car shoot out would race trap speed vs et since they shouldn't be purpose built for the track?

You should have won that race IMO if you had him by 13 mph. What were the faster cars trapping? Looked like fun.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Street car with a glide?

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
they didn't have enough people to run, so they decided to let him enter. It doesn't matter just gives me an idea of what i need to do next year.

cody_288

Established Member
Seems like a street car shoot out would race trap speed vs et since they shouldn't be purpose built for the track?

You should have won that race IMO if you had him by 13 mph. What were the faster cars trapping? Looked like fun.

Neither trap speed or et technically matter. First person to the stripe is the winner. ;)

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
Neither trap speed or et technically matter. First person to the stripe is the winner. ;)

Lol :beer:

Just saying a street car should be able handle well too and not be one dimensional which isn't the best for traction. The first guy in who's purpose built for the track instead of the street is going to likely win that event even if he's a little slower, like in the op's situation.

Its like a sprinter vs an endurance athlete and judging who's the best runner based on them racing a Marathon IMO. You'll never get a consensus on who is and isn't a street car so id just setup the scoring system to favor street cars vs track cars

cody_288

Established Member
Lol :beer:

Just saying a street car should be able handle well too and not be one dimensional which isn't the best for traction. The first guy in who's purpose built for the track instead of the street is going to likely win that event even if he's a little slower, like in the op's situation.

Its like a sprinter vs an endurance athlete and judging who's the best runner based on them racing a Marathon IMO. You'll never get a consensus on who is and isn't a street car so id just setup the scoring system to favor street cars vs track cars

Different strokes for different folks. Looks to me like the blue notch had a license plate on it. They were at a drag strip, had it been a highway race I'm sure the outcome would of been different.
Most of the 'street cars' in the video were running a skinny front, drag tire rear on dedicated rims (I nice weather daily on 275 et streets btw) in order to be better setup for drag racing (skinnies do not handle well).

ETA: Blue fox does not have a powerglide in it either. 3 speed auto of some sort.

Last edited:

cody_288

Established Member
:beer: They look so damn good it's hard to go back to a normal front tire isn't it?

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
My car went 10.053 at 145 with a 1.77 60 foot on pump gas. There were rules with everything so a bunch of cars were eliminated or people couldnt come

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Not bad, ANTI what was your 1/8 time? My car just went a [email protected] spinning and in the heat of florida as well last week.. About to ad a 4lb lower and run at a great hooking track.. I expect 9.50 or better with a stick. I think I could atleast be a contender in the street car shootout.

Users who are viewing this thread