Griggs racing suspension. Widest wheel and tire fitments?? Drag??

builttodrive

Established Member
I have Griggs Racing GR40ss Suspension on my 07 GT500 and I'm wondering what people are running for wide fitments in street, track, and drag racing setup. Will a 15" wheel work in the rear for a drag racing setup with straight axle, koni coil overs, and the 315 tires fitment brackets? I'm sure 15" is preferred on the drag strip for best results but if i'm limited to an 18 or 19" wheel I at least want to go as wide as possible. The car is making just over 700 rwhp and 650 rwtq.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I had their coil overs on my car for a short while. The coil over eats up a lot of clearance. I was trying to stuff the largest tire I could and still tuck in the wheel well and went back to a smooth body shock and used the coil over springs with seat adjusters in the OEM location. It's going to depend on your tire and your wheel offset. I was running 20" wheels. A shorter rim diameter is just going to take up more clearance.

builttodrive

Established Member
I'll have to look closer and determine what I can do but it sounds like a 315 on a 10.5 to maybe an 11' wheel is my max. From the way things look I don't think I can get anything wide in under a 18" wheel though. I talked to Bruce at Grigg's and he couldn't remember all the tire and wheel sizes that would work but from looking at what I have on the car it doesn't look likely a 15" wheel will work. Maybe a 15x8 but I don't know if the smaller wheel is a worthwhile choice if it will also be much narrower like a 275 in comparison to a 315.

Users who are viewing this thread