Griggs SLA

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
It appears that Bart Works is not the only company making an SLA for the Mustang platform anymore.
SLA40front.jpg

SLA40rear.jpg

SLA Front Chassis System for the GR40 Mustang

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Holy Calolie!:eek: Look at the length of that steering stud on the knuckle??!?!:dw:

That makes me nervous as hell!!:dw:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Hope it isn't built to the same quality as the rest of thier equipment.

I agree, Bruce. I broke that bolt on the Griggs bumpsteer kit with about half the spacers shown in that pic. Steering is not a good thing to loose.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
How is the steering bolt retained in that picture? I don't see anything on the top of it.

That is a LONG ASS spacer!

HPLouis

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
Hope it isn't built to the same quality as the rest of thier equipment.

I agree, Bruce. I broke that bolt on the Griggs bumpsteer kit with about half the spacers shown in that pic. Steering is not a good thing to loose.

Hello,
I see you have a MM suspension setup. Do you have a panhard bar? I want to know if it'll cause any interference with the fuel cell.

Thanks,
Henry

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by HPLouis
Hello,
I see you have a MM suspension setup. Do you have a panhard bar? I want to know if it'll cause any interference with the fuel cell.

Thanks,
Henry

No problem with the fuel cell, but you cannot run tailpipes unless you do some cutting and lengthening. Either side exit or dumps are your best alternatives. (dumps if you have subframe connectors)

Brian:beer:

HPLouis

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
No problem with the fuel cell, but you cannot run tailpipes unless you do some cutting and lengthening. Either side exit or dumps are your best alternatives. (dumps if you have subframe connectors)

Brian:beer:

Thanks for the information. When I had my 95 Cobra, I had the MM Road and Track Box and it had a PHB. I had to sell my Borla catback and get a Dynomax because the Borlas wouldn't fit.

Thanks again,
Henry

craigery

Established Member
I've heard that griggs quality isnt very good. :( I just bought a used griggs kmember and a arms. Are they going to hold up?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by craigery
I've heard that griggs quality isnt very good. :( I just bought a used griggs kmember and a arms. Are they going to hold up?

There are at least two other members in here besides me that have broken Griggs k_members AND A-arms.

Brian

jwfisher

Banned
It's more than just inspecting the car... it's rethinking this level of modification. These aftermarket firms just don't have the level of engineering skillset - and testing - that a car manufacturer has. Suspension and braking aftermarket companies should be very closely examined for the type of testing - IF ANY - that they do, the engineering degrees their people have, the equipment they use for manufacturing, their reputation with customers who actually run their cars hard on the track, etc.

I'm very leery of k-members in particular, following by weld-on rear suspensions. Even though I know how well they can work - for a while. How long "a while" is usually, unfortunately, found out when it breaks at a critical moment on the track.

Users who are viewing this thread