Grill replacement

Fang

Established Member
Was just looking at this. I bought the '13 grills for my '11 and it looks like it is best to pull the bumper. Am I right? If so I was thinking of doing the heat exchanger while I was there.

1st usa car

Established Member
yes pull the bumper off == easy easy install -- best to put the car on ramps and take out the million screws that hold the splitter and undercarriage on.... use a power drill and you will be happy

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
These went in the day after delivery.........................as your new H/E isn't rock proof ! ( $ 60.00 )

Shelby_SVT_2012

Established Member
I had to do some trimming when I did this mod on my 2012. Another thing you may want to consider is installing some kind of thin black mesh to protect your heat exchanger and radiator from road debris. Recently a bird flew into my heat exchanger on the highway and damaged the fins. Don't get me wrong! This mod looks great, but I'm just trying to give you a heads up so you don't learn the way I did. Ford_Mustang_GT500_2013.jpg

Fang

Established Member
Man, what's the use then? Might as well keep the original ones on. Makes me question doing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shelby_SVT_2012

Established Member
Man, what's the use then? Might as well keep the original ones on. Makes me question doing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, it's mainly just a cosmetic mod. Yeah you may get a little more air flow, but not much to make a difference you can notice. I felt the same way about putting on that mesh but it doesn't look bad at all. I'm installing some after I purchase another heat exchanger. Here's the link to a site that sales them, http://www.customcargrills.com/proddetail.asp?prod=13_Mustang_GT500

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Did you guys order the flat black or gloss?
Flat.
If you order, ask for the 1" taller lower insert, you'll understand when you put it in.
www.customcargrills.com
As to your question, " what's the point ", I agree..........................but in my case, I had no choice.
The open grille area was the one thing I didn't like about the 13/14 MY's.
Have read several threads about damaged heat exchangers, decided I wouldn't be one of them.

Fang

Established Member
Flat.
If you order, ask for the 1" taller lower insert, you'll understand when you put it in.
www.customcargrills.com
As to your question, " what's the point ", I agree..........................but in my case, I had no choice.
The open grille area was the one thing I didn't like about the 13/14 MY's.
Have read several threads about damaged heat exchangers, decided I wouldn't be one of them.

Thanks Mang....

Users who are viewing this thread