Grrrr, lose money.

Skoalman

Banned
Happened to pick up a passenger yesterday..

Found this guy:
nail1.jpg

Hanging out in here:
nail3.jpg

In mai tirez, banging against mai framez nshit.
nail4.jpg

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
sikklightning04 said:
I went to get brakes for my Lightning today, $380 at the dealer! Jeez!

Everything is expensive!

Did you have to get a new tire?

dude, they're just f250 brakes. your're ripping yourself off if you get the L stuff. just buy the brakes for the 250, same product, different part #, lower price. someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think i am.

another example: an alternator for an iroc z that a friend of mine had was 120 bucks. turns out it's the same alternator used in the silverado of that era. price for the silver alternator, 60 bucks.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
The sad thing is. I bet you don't have road hazard on the tires. Oh wait. Performance rated tires don't usually get a road hazard agreement on them...
I should know, the wife works for SEARS auto.

sikklightning04

sikklightning04
Established Member
dude, they're just f250 brakes. your're ripping yourself off if you get the L stuff. just buy the brakes for the 250, same product, different part #, lower price. someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think i am.

another example: an alternator for an iroc z that a friend of mine had was 120 bucks. turns out it's the same alternator used in the silverado of that era. price for the silver alternator, 60 bucks.

no offense, but i think your wrong, my brother has a f-250 and my dad has 5 or them. They are all the same price, from what i re-call.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
that sucks man.. i thought i was the only person that stuff happened to. ;)

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
That shit sucks dude...When i used to drive my F250 i ran over a HUGE file...like one of those files you use to grind down metal or whatever...ya good luck tho man

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
do you have any enemies??? it seems to me like someone did it intentional(SP), look how perfect that bolt is grind down to a point.

Skoalman

Banned
Yea, had to replace the tire, i did get a hookup n the price though. It was $164 and change from a local Acura dealership, (i know the parts manager real well).
The funny part about this is, that the head of the bolt was the part lodged inside the tire and the sharp end got ground down from smacking against the frame and traction bar. (It looks like a Honda engine mount bolt).

It's like this:
CRAZYCAT.jpg

But,
donotwant.jpg

Last edited:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
sikklightning04 said:
no offense, but i think your wrong, my brother has a f-250 and my dad has 5 or them. They are all the same price, from what i re-call.

looks like ford isn't into the bullshit markup thing then, that's nice to know.

Stewie 03

Established Member
I had a similar thing happen to me last week. I had a nail about the diameter of a coffee stirrer in almost the same place on the outer sidewall of my left rear tire. I brought it to the tire shop thinking I was going to get dinged for a new tire. Not only did they get a tire from another store and had it there and installed in a little over an hour, but they provide road hazard free of charge at the time of purchase. The new tire was 100% covered because the tread depth was barely within the limit of what they cover prior to proration. Out the door without spending one red cent. Now THAT'S Service! Call me a customer for life... :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread