Grudge match 04 whipple cobra vs AWD Nitrous TBSS from a dig

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
A friend of mine has finally stepped up and got himself something worth a shit in the terms of speed. So after some fun shit talking we lined them up the other day. I had my concerns racing from a dig after riding with him from a stop on the street when he launched as I knew if he got a good one and I spun i'd be playing catch up for SURE. I'm on 315 nitto 555r's with about 25 psi with stock irs and 3.73's. It could've gone either way.

Here's the video. Car makes 590/550 and I had a passenger and he was solo. He hasn't had his truck dyno'd but it's a stalled 125 shot with exhaust and tune. I believe he trapped 130 in a 1/2 mile event. It's definitely going to do work in the 8th...

[youtube_browser]YwJ3YGBQKKU&featureplcp[/youtube_browser]

Ill_W1N

Established Member
You got a good launch. I thought he would still jump out on you. Nice run, There's a group of guys where I live that race around in em. I have yet to get a chance to run one but I wouldn't race one from a dig unless I had a lot of room to play catch up. Those things launch hard.

NATTYLIGHTSS

Established Member
I'm looking forward to the rematch and hopefully we can both get a decent launch. Definitely glad to finally have something that's worth a shit though! Haha

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I would've thought the AWD TB with nitrous and a convertor would've launched better... Cobra ate it up though.

NATTYLIGHTSS

Established Member
Nice run, you got he on the launch even with his AWD........

I would've thought the AWD TB with nitrous and a convertor would've launched better... Cobra ate it up though.

Yeah the timing on the nitrous activation was off a little and it stuttered/bogged a little off the line... But hey shit happens and it was all in good fun!

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Holy shit you Cobra pulls bro. Nice kill.

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
He definitely could've had a better launch, however on nittos I will take what I can get. This is a solid 11 sec truck.

TVSCobra

Established Member
That was..

easy-button1.jpg

Nice kill!

Users who are viewing this thread