GS-D3 tires 4-sale

hwystr

Established Member
If any one is running low on tread, I have some nearly new 275 GS-D3's on my recently totalled cobra. The insurance company bought it, but said I could swap another set of tires onto the car as long as they have 3/32" tread left and are the stock size and mounted on stock wheels.

I payed $1008 for the tires installed last year, they were ballanced on a Hunter 9600, have stick on weights behind the spokes (no rim weights), and have <5K miles on them. They are mounted on stock machined wheels, one has a minor curb scratch, otherwise like new.

To make this deal work you'll need to swap tires with >3/32 tread left. I'm sure a tire shop will sell some used tires for a small fee. The storage shop holding the car is ~1mile from 275/94 interchange in Belleville and can supposedly swap tires or tires/wheels for a nominal fee. Sorry I'm unable to help much physically due to the accident.

This is a limited time opportunity before the car is sent to a scrap house end of next week.

Make an offer I can't refuse

rio95

Established Member
I'm guessing these are 275/40/17 gs-d3 right? If so, I think about what we can work out. I could pick them up most likely as well. Find out about the swapping cost. If I could get two of these tires for a good deal, I'd be a happy man!

hwystr

Established Member
Doug - Yeah, that's what they said in writing 3/32". Sounded OK until Gary told me Nittos only had 6/32" brand new.

I'm hoping to actually find/buy another 03/04 cobra over the weekend and save the tires for myself...give it 50/50 chance of happening :thumbsup:

I'll post/PM everyone that has replied so you'll know this w/e. Just can't buy anything else and be happy. Either its a giant step down into a plain vanilla car (Merc Milan), or its a big chunk of change for about the same (Shelby), or its an even bigger pile of coins for something nice (Jag XK). If the XKR was out, I'd really be unable to sleep + be totally tapped out.

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
hwystr said:
Doug - Yeah, that's what they said in writing 3/32". Sounded OK until Gary told me Nittos only had 6/32" brand new.

I'm hoping to actually find/buy another 03/04 cobra over the weekend and save the tires for myself...give it 50/50 chance of happening :thumbsup:

I'll post/PM everyone that has replied so you'll know this w/e. Just can't buy anything else and be happy. Either its a giant step down into a plain vanilla car (Merc Milan), or its a big chunk of change for about the same (Shelby), or its an even bigger pile of coins for something nice (Jag XK). If the XKR was out, I'd really be unable to sleep + be totally tapped out.

Wow, a hell of a deal here. I have two stock F1 GS tires sitting around that I would be able to trade, and I might be able to find 2 more within a day or two.

If I can't find 4 stock tires can I just trade in 2 of them? Is it mandatory that all 4 GS-D3s are taken and that all 4 trade-in tires match?

Thanks in advance,

Stew, a.k.a. TheHolyCobra

Users who are viewing this thread