GSP Meet/Cruise Thread

04MysticCobra

Established Member
We are looking to revive our old Garden State Plaza in Paramus NJ meet/cruises that we had every year in the mid 2000's. Looking to see how much interest there is out there for getting together. I believe that many of the people who used to come to these events are not around anymore but lets get a new crop of enthusiasts interested. It would mostly be all Ford powered vehicles like Cobra R, Boss, GT500, Cobra, GT and Lightnings but anyone is welcome to join the fun. Lets get some feedback on who might want to be in on something like this. We would be looking to get this together in a month or so. Thanks for checking this out.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I'm in, lets propose a few dates here....with my work schedule the way it is, it would have to be later in the day (after 1pm) on Saturday or Sunday....

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I'm in, lets propose a few dates here....with my work schedule the way it is, it would have to be later in the day (after 1pm) on Saturday or Sunday....

Hey Ken,

That should be no problem. We can meet at the GSP around noon and then hang out until 2 or 3 before we get on the road for a cruise. It would be nice to get some of the original group back out again. Talk to you soon.

Steve

flattrack53

Established Member
It sucks that is 4 hours from me because I have been wanting to do a fun cruise for quite some time.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Paramus is like an hour away for me (its actually where my car came from) but depending on when it is, I'd be interested for sure.

danster

Established Member
If i'm not working or away, i'm in! That is when the new beast gets here. Still scheduled for June 12th arrival.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
How far is that from northern de?

I pass through Wilmington all the time on my way to the beaches in southern Delaware. From Wilmington you can probably make it to the GSP in Paramus in less than 2 hours. Its only about 15 minutes off the NJ turnpike that you can get on right over the Memorial bridge. Its not a short trip but can be done in a day.

Thanks for the interest.

jesus_ralliart

Established Member
I'm usually up in Rockaway at my parents place on weekends. It would be nice to go for a cruise.

Would probably need some advance warning to not plan anything but most weekends are good in the summer.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Im down, live like 5 mins from there, but I have an SS

enemies are welcome! :thumbsup:

just kidding, most of us are car guys first and foremost, nice to see what the competition has to offer as well as our Ford guys! :thumbsup:

04MysticCobra

Established Member
So we are setting up for a meet/cruise for Sunday July 28th. Time to be determined yet. Anyone interested in joining we will be meeting at the parking lot by Macy's on the route 17 side of the GSP. Time will be posted up in the next day or two. Hope to see some of you on the 28th. Thanks.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Lets start somewhat early so we beat the heat....10am?

Yes 10AM sounds good Ken. Hope to see some of the people here come by. Have you talked to John about the 28th. Does he still have the Lightning. You bringing the Boss on that Sunday. Take care.

Steve

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I have Jon and a bunch of others on facebook....I'll be posting there and on some of the other places we posted back then, although some of them are long gone....

Gambinotdx

Established Member
I think the last time I posted on here was about 5 years ago. LOL still remembered my password and login name though! :banana:

I'm going to try to make this meet but I"ll be driving in from out of state so it's not looking good for this particular meet. I am, however, interested in reuniting the old crew and gathering new blood. I think that would be a great time! :beer:

I forgot some of these hilarious smileys. haha :burnout::burnout::burnout:

It's been so long I don't recognize all of the names on here...but of course I know NJ2000R because, well, I sat in his 2000R and will never forget it.

anyway, again if this meet is arranged for this date and time, I'll do what I can to make it but it would require me leaving my buddy's house at 4am after a night of drinking so it's lookin' like a 'no'. hopefully this isn't the only one arranged!

Users who are viewing this thread