GT-500 hail damage

cobrkilrl

Established Member
Well guy's, I am the one who posted about the head tick in my 09 GT-500 yesterday. How could anything be worse than that? The wife is on her way home from work driving the shelby on the first day out of the shop and runs into a hail storm from hell. On the interstate and no where to go. Traffic was stopped for miles due to visability problems. All she could do is sit there and watch golf ball size hail stones bounce off the car for about 10 minutes. Damage to hood, top and trunk lid, side front and back quarter panels. I think this thing is cursed. Going to get an estimate this morning. It's not going to be cheap but I guess this is why we have insurance. I'll have my budding post some pictures for me when their are done. I do have to say though, the thing runs like a beast now.

steele501

Established Member
Sorry to hear that man. We fortunately didn't see any hail here in west little rock. I was actually out in that vicious storm as well, it came out of no where!

Good luck with the repairs

metaman

Established Member
That is suck, I have a few dents in the roof of my 03 from the same thing a few years back. Sounds like you have more than a few dents, but hail stone dents should be in the realm of the paintless dent doctor technition to fix. The headliner would have to come out to do the roof and it would take him a while. However, a good guy could do it.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I think I'd set it on fire...

Hopefully you'll find either A) a great body shop that can pull them out, or (B) one hell of a PDR guy.

cobrkilrl

Established Member
Hail damage

I went to get the estimate this morning. The shop is a repitable place (had a new camero ss and a 96 ss sitting in the showroom of the body repair shop with do not touch all over them). My insurance company only uses this place because of the service and feedback they get from previous customers. The entire front hood will have to be replaced. The remaining damage they say can be fixed. Goes in the shop on Monday. I hope this car is not cursed but like I said before, it's a beast.

mike5876

Established Member
i have a friend who is one of the best paintless dent guys in the us....you should fly him there to fix the car..he will make it perfect pm me if you want to ask about him mike

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Man that really sucks. I would just park it in the garage for a week or two and see if anything bad happens to it just sitting in one place. If so, I would sell it as soon as possible. ;)

SlowSVT

Established Member
That sucks

I wonder how the roof will come out. My understanding is the can't get the dents out on a roof panel and have it look right. A freind of mine has a palm tree limb fall on this Mazda Speed3 which didn't look to bad but they had to cut the roof off and weld a new on on.

Blaine

Established Member
That sucks

I wonder how the roof will come out. My understanding is the can't get the dents out on a roof panel and have it look right. A freind of mine has a palm tree limb fall on this Mazda Speed3 which didn't look to bad but they had to cut the roof off and weld a new on on.

If your insurance Company paid you the quote of repairs with a check like mine did.

1) If roof cant be fixed right --------------->
m5lp_0810_01_z+2008_shelby_GT500_mustang+glass_roof_installation.jpg

2) If hood is bye bye get an aftermarket one if there is any you like.

3) Hail dmg is also a great time to do a full repaint if you would want another color scheme.

I see dmg/accidents as a great opportunity to do a lot of MODS fast.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Blaine I like the way you think!
Lemonaide from sour lemons......

I totally agree. I had a buddy of mine who does paintless removal fix my roof after a popup tent flew into it and put a big dent up there. No paint and you couldnt find it if I showed you the area. It cost me 50 bucks! he told me 20 and I tossed him another 30.

chuckstang

Established Member
Is the roof on our cars just this shitty or is this normal.

An acorn, no joke, an acorn fell from the tree and put a ding in my roof. I saw if fawking happening and shit myself when I saw it actually left a ding

How much is it to have a pdr guy take one ding outa the roof?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Chuck...you should be looking at *around* $150. No more than 200 if you get a good and reasonable PDR guy.

Anything more than that and they're jerking you hard. It doesn't take a good one that long and he probably wouldn't have to full drop the headliner, just one side and work his way toward it.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Blaine I like the way you think!
Lemonaide from sour lemons......

If life gives you lemons, find a guy who life gave vodka and team up!:beer:

I had a PDR guy remove a ding in my left front fender for $75 and it came out perfect.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
I can relate. I had a '99 Miata that was left in a hail storm by the dealer when it was supposed to be getting serviced. I counted 14 dents in the gas cap/lid alone. The hood had over 200 dents in it...no PDR guy is gonna fix that no matter how good they are.

So, new hood, fenders (front and rear), gas lid, both doors and trunk lid. Not to mention paint the whole car, fix dents in area behind rear glass/before trunk (not large, but very tough to cut out), etc. All in all about $8k worth of damage and that was in 2000. So if it's bad enough don't be surprised if the damage goes over that these days.

Best of luck in getting your car back soon and hopefully this is the last of your woes!

chuckstang

Established Member
Chuck...you should be looking at *around* $150. No more than 200 if you get a good and reasonable PDR guy.

Anything more than that and they're jerking you hard. It doesn't take a good one that long and he probably wouldn't have to full drop the headliner, just one side and work his way toward it.

It is about an inch from the windshield, does that make it easier for them? fingers crossed lol

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
It is about an inch from the windshield, does that make it easier for them? fingers crossed lol

Yeah, they shouldn't have to pull as much trim down to get to it.

I'd say $100 max with a good fellow doing it, maybe less. Just make sure you ask around and find somebody good, it is a talented profession like anything else.

cobrkilrl

Established Member
Hail damage

"Blain", thanks for the idea of the glass roof. I see them in the AM and will ask if they will have to replace the roof. If so, then glass roof here i come. Great idea. Damn you guy's are great. That's why I always come here when i have a problem with my cars/truck.

Users who are viewing this thread