GT/CS fog lights

nocobrafornow

Established Member
hey guys i've tried a search but nothing. i have beed thinking about doing the CS conversion with the fog light and installing a Roush upper grill. my ? is how are the fog light with this setup. were i live it's very dark and i need good lighting to watch for deer and such. just don't want to waste the money if they suck. thanks David

SicShelby09

Banned
They suck. Not very bright. Can hardly see the difference on/off with headlights on (HId's on mine)

Yeah they are more for show. But I'll be willing to bet that they would look and work much better with a set of HIDs in place of those stock bulbs.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I'm going to try silverstar bulbs first and see how well they work, but mostly to match the HiD better. With the HID I have all the light I want, just wanna look cool rofl. Yeah, vanity....

nocobrafornow

Established Member
i do kinda wish i had gotten the hid's, but when i got my car i put a spending limit on purchacing it and i got the main stuff i really wanted. that and i really thought it was stupid i had to buy the security package to get the hid's. well if the CS suck what do you guy think about the Roush bumper and fog light. a few weeks ago i hit a recap from a rig while on the interstate, all it did was put a few cracks in the paint and a real small cut of the bumper cover. i have been trying to deside wheater to fix or replace. i talked to one of the better body shops in town and they said they could remove it and fix and repaint it for about 400, but i also saw that stage 3 motorsports has a Roush front bumper, painted and with fog light and harnesses for 860.00 and free shipping. and if i fixed my cover and bought the CS valance and foglight i would almost spend that. what do you guys think, any one bought stuff from stage 3? thanks for the replies

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I like the cs front end. No foglights really add much light out over stock anyway. I'd put silverstar bulbs in your lights and put what front end you think looks best. To me, that's the GT/CS.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Personally I do not like the Roush grill. I bough the GT/CS package, so I already had a head start. Second day I had the car, I pulled the stock grill out, removed the pony emblem, masked off the plastic, and painted the bars flat black.

IMG_20110317_164105.jpg

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
nocobrafornow, If you are trying to do the GT/CS conversion, I have the faux gas cap from my GT/CS that I would trade you for a Mint GT faux gas cap.

-Chris

nocobrafornow

Established Member
nocobrafornow, If you are trying to do the GT/CS conversion, I have the faux gas cap from my GT/CS that I would trade you for a Mint GT faux gas cap.

-Chris

thanks, but it's not that i was wanting to do a gt/cs conversion i just don't like the center fog lights and i wanted them like th CS or the Roush. but after pricing the pieces i need to add the CS and fix my bumper i might as well get the one i want which is the Roush, plus i think the oem Roush fog light would be alot better than the CS.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I Really like that. I'd put the emblem back in though.

Personally I do not like the Roush grill. I bough the GT/CS package, so I already had a head start. Second day I had the car, I pulled the stock grill out, removed the pony emblem, masked off the plastic, and painted the bars flat black.

IMG_20110317_164105.jpg

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I ditched the striped too and put the 5.0 emblems on mine. So much cleaner like that. I love it ghat way.

One Sick LX

Established Member
I just swapped the stock valence/fog lights out for the CS valence.

With the headlights on, all they do is fill the gaps of light that the regular headlights don't hit- Which isn't necessarily bad.

With my headlights off just driving with the foglights on around dusk they light up the road fine. This is with stock halogens in the uppers and lowers.

I have HID's on order for the fogs, and stock HID assemblies on the way for the headlights. I'm sure with the setup i normally run on all of my cars they will do they're job just fine. But cosmetically, they look pretty sick when you are driving down the road IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread