GT has Arrived

00 Cobra R

Established Member
For who ever cares. This car is truly amazing. It is much smoother than I thought it would be. I've been in the Viper world since 94 and those are great cars that take considerable drivers imput to drive. This GT is so easy to drive it somewhat intimidates you. It begs you to hammer it. I've read numerous reviews on this car and all I can say is you have to drive it to understand what a machine this thing is. I had no idea how I would like paying so much for a car and justifying keeping it. I consider it justified just after 25 minutes in the car. Anyone that gets a chance to ride or drive one will be hooked. Ford got this one right! :beer:

GUY WAGNER

Established Member
Gt

I've had mine for a week,it is impressive.I still think it is a lot of money for a car,but it is a work of art...............
Guy

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Congrats on your purchase. :beer:
These machines are truely works of automotive art. :rockon:
I hope to own my dream GT someday. :coolman:

Last edited:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Did you get the color you wanted? And if yes, what color is it. Any blind spots? Seen on up close but never rode in one. Don't think I'll ever get the chance either.

00 Cobra R

Established Member
I got the color I wanted. I ordered it and watched it get built, Thanks to Mark Wilson who frequents this site often. I got a Yellow/black stripes, upgraded wheels, red calipers, and the upgrade stereo. This car would be nice with any options. I saw the two new colors for 06. The Tungseth Gray with silver stripes is beautiful. The light blue and orange is BAD#SS except for the 11k cost. If I were a collector the light blue is what I would buy. When I owned Vipers I had a black 00 built and when I went to the plant I realized I ordered the wrong color. The Red/Silver was much more striking. I was nervous about yellow until I saw it and it really looks like a car with attitude. I've driven the car only 7 miles but if it ever quits raining in K.C. I plan on getting it out and breaking it in. As far as blind spots, it's very hard to see out the back. If you have never driven a car like this it would be very uncomfortable. If you have had experience with these types of cars before you just learn to use the outside mirrors and change lanes by moving up to an opening instead of sliding across or back. Did that make sense?

fordification

Established Member
00 Cobra R said:
If you have had experience with these types of cars before you just learn to use the outside mirrors and change lanes by moving up to an opening instead of sliding across or back. Did that make sense?

they need a convex mirror option. :-D

hk4site

Established Member
I am concerned about the doors and how far you have to open them to enter and exit the car. I have 30-36 inches side clearance when parked in the garage, is this enough room?

Users who are viewing this thread