4.8 - DB9

0-100MPH
8.4 - FordGT
9.1 - SL65 AMG
9.2 - Gallardo
9.2 - 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
9.4 - F430
10.9 - DB9

0-150MPH I like this test the most. It really shows you how fast a car is. 0-60 has to many variables, like road surface, traction issues or how well the car was launched.
0-150 mph
19.1 - FordGT
20.5 - SL65 AMG
21.4 - Gallardo
21.8 - 911 Turbo S Cabriolet
23.8 - F430 (A 360CS scored a 23.9 just six months ago...sad)
27.7 - DB9

Quarter Mile Result
12.0 @ 123mph - FordGT
12.1 @ 120mph - SL65 AMG
12.1 @ 117mph - 911 Turbo S Cab
12.4 @ 118mph - Gallardo
12.5 @ 116mph - F430
13.2 @ 111mph - DB9

Top Speed
205mph - FordGT - Governor limited, amazingly
192mph - Gallardo - Drag limited
186mph - F430 - Redline limited (gee the factory is only claiming 194mph...)
186mph - DB9 - Drag limited
156mph - SL65 AMG - Governor limited

Measured curb weight, no driver
3,380lbs - F430
3,520lbs - FordGT
3,520lbs - Gallardo
3,840lbs - 911 Turbo S Cab
4,040lbs - DB9
4,480lbs - SL65 AMG

FINAL RESULTS - EDITOR VOTING
1st - F430
2nd - Gallardo
3rd - FordGT
4th - 911 Turbo S Cab
5th - SL65 AMG
6th - DB9

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
It will be nice to see how the next two performance cars from GM and Ford (C6-Z06 and GT-500) will do in a similar comparison. I always like these tests because they are done under the same conditions at the same location.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
roushraven said:
It will be nice to see how the next two performance cars from GM and Ford (C6-Z06 and GT-500) will do in a similar comparison. I always like these tests because they are done under the same conditions at the same location.

I actually rue that day. Why? Because it's looking more and more like the GT is going to lose that comparo in terms of performance.

Cue all blindly loyal Chevy ****tards incessantly jerking off to how the C6 Z trounced the mighty 150k Ferd Terd, F-O-R-D acronym, broken suspension, do not drive, piece of crap, ugly retro GT. Nevermind the fact you'll be able to make the exact same arguments for the GT500 vs. the C6, and they will cry to high heaven when the mustang crowd does.

I love both cars, but the GT is a supercar inside and out. The C6 Z06 is a really bad ass variant of a mass produced Corvette. I take the GT over a C6 Z for every day of the week...

FordGTGuy

Established Member
how does the Ford GT out perform all cars and cost less than most and get 3rd. Seems like C&D are going back to their lets choose the newest car over the best car. How did they get a 12 second 1/4 mile they must have some bad drivers when all the other magazines atleast get between 10.2-11.7. Even their 0-60 rating is vague the officialy stats from Ford are now 3.3 seconds.

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

C&D what a poor magazine :poke:

how did they get a 3500+ lbs Ford GT with no driver when its officialy wieght is 3300+ lbs. where did the 200 pounds come from the editors imagination? :kaboom: :bash: :burn: :fart: :bs:

Do they really think they're reader are this ignorant? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
FordGTGuy said:
how does the Ford GT out perform all cars and cost less than most and get 3rd. Seems like C&D are going back to their lets choose the newest car over the best car. How did they get a 12 second 1/4 mile they must have some bad drivers when all the other magazines atleast get between 10.2-11.7. Even their 0-60 rating is vague the officialy stats from Ford are now 3.3 seconds.

how did they get a 3500+ lbs Ford GT with no driver when its officialy wieght is 3300+ lbs. where did the 200 pounds come from the editors imagination? :kaboom: :bash: :burn: :fart: :bs:

Here let me help you. Check this link and see the many stated curb weights by many different sources. Understand that many figures were based on pre-production cars which is why there is such a wide spread in what is believed to be its true performance specs. Link

By the way, the C&D article clearly states measured curb weight i.e. that's what they measured it to be on the day they tested. I'm certain however, that any of the owners here can provide you with facts you want though.

-RR

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
Reminds me of when the Mustang GT lost to the GTO in all categories but was chosen over the GTO. Only read mags for the numbers, all the rest is politics!

It will be nice to see how the new Z06 fairs in a comparison like this. And DBK, the GT is definitely more exotic and therefore probably the cooler of the two cars to have. That being said the Z06 is likely to not even have a gas guzzler tax and is truely an every day driver, supercar competitor. And for that it is an awesome car!

Does the GT have heated seats, navigation, XM radio, dual climate control, etc? (I really dont know) Not that you need this on a race car, but for those that daily drive the car and hit the track on the weekends, it can be nice to have.

Last edited:

TRXboy

Established Member
The best part is the gallardo blew a clutch and still beat the GT. The whole artical, all of the editor's are saying how the car's were not performing as well as they should, but then they used stat's from a E Gear gallardo that was tested during the spring with much cooler temps. BS in my opionion, not to mention they gave demerit's to the GT for not having a big enough trunk, give me a break, these are super cars, not soccer mom cars. The fact that the gallardo did not earn any type of dimerit for the broken clutch goes to show you how bias they are toward american cars, they always have been, and to me, always will be.

Jarad, you also forgot one Key factor that really pissed me off.

Lap time/avr MPH.

Ford GT - 1:[email protected]
Ferrari - 1:[email protected]
Mercedes - 1:[email protected]
Porsche - 1:[email protected]
Aston - 1:[email protected]
Lamborgini - N/a Due to broken clutch.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
you people think that they might be judging by the overall vehicle instead of just the performance? i would bet that the ferrari and lamborghini both have better fit/finish and thats understandable. plus there might be uber rich people out there that might want a little bit of trunk space. and your also making a big deal about the clutch blowing in the gallardo, but no other car has broken during a magazine test. and if another car did then that car must be junk too, right? not sure if this was true or not but i heard that a GT broke during a magazine test. does that mean its crap and speaks for all the other GTs? didnt think so.

on a side not, didnt expect the gallardo to be aero limited. surprised me, its a fricken wedge.

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
186mph - F430 - Redline limited (gee the factory is only claiming 194mph...)

We found the exact same thing with the F360 we owned as our competitor benchmark. That car fell well below what the factor claimed it would run flat out...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
I would bet that the ferrari and lamborghini both have better fit/finish and thats understandable

That bet would be off. There are a few bits in the GT here and there that aren't as detailed as the Ferrari, but the fit and finish is excellent. And I've never seen a factory car with better paint than the GT...

TRXboy

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
you people think that they might be judging by the overall vehicle instead of just the performance? i would bet that the ferrari and lamborghini both have better fit/finish and thats understandable. plus there might be uber rich people out there that might want a little bit of trunk space. and your also making a big deal about the clutch blowing in the gallardo, but no other car has broken during a magazine test. and if another car did then that car must be junk too, right? not sure if this was true or not but i heard that a GT broke during a magazine test. does that mean its crap and speaks for all the other GTs? didnt think so.

on a side not, didnt expect the gallardo to be aero limited. surprised me, its a fricken wedge.

Actualy, the last time i have seen a car break in a C/D test was a couple months back at the 10,000 Horse power shoot out, and the clutch blew with the Mosler MT900 Photon S/C, it broke it's clutch, and it was automaticly put into last place, and yes I know that the goals of the individual test's are different, if a car breaks, it should be noted and frowned apon, the A/C in the aston martin wasnt working proporly, or so C/D said, and the Aston got a demerit because of it, why the hell shouldnt the $170,000 dollar gollardo get a demerit for it breaking. Not to mention, Neither of the italian's are known for fit and finish, more so lambo...

Diggy Moe

Established Member
I have to read that article.The Ford GT kills the other cars in performance and comes in third overall.The GT can't be that bad in the other none performance categories.

FordGTGuy

Established Member
Diggy Moe said:
I have to read that article.The Ford GT kills the other cars in performance and comes in third overall.The GT can't be that bad in the other none performance categories.

it has to be lowest costing, and probably even best mpg what is it 18/21 when driven normaly not bad for a 200+ mph car. I know it has good handling but isn't the greatest on a skidpad, the 20+ over topspeed had to help, nice looking interior, nice room, easy to drive, what else is there you want from a car C&D a broken clutch?

Tom B

Established Member
DBK said:
That bet would be off. There are a few bits in the GT here and there that aren't as detailed as the Ferrari, but the fit and finish is excellent. And I've never seen a factory car with better paint than the GT...

I would agree with you. I have owned three 360's, two spiders, and a Stradale. All had paint issues from the factory, and the two dealerships that I purchased from couldn't have cared. Their comment - it's a Ferrari; most have issues. The spiders had mechanical issues with the power tops, and many people, me included, broke the exterior door handles, do to weak/poor design. Then there is the never ending dead batteries, well I could go on.

My point - the Italians may be known for design, but certainly not for great quality. The cars are a lot of fun, but far from perfect.

As someone who has owned the above Ferrari's and numerous Porsches, BMW's, Mercedes, and Vipers, I feel the GT has at least an equal, or better fit and finish then all of them. One guys opinion.

Tom

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
hhhhhmmmmm, didnt know that. figiured the euro-supers were of good quality too. either way, though, thats not the point i was trying to make. it seems like this thread turned everyone here into a GT fan boy thinking its perfect in every way and the only thing that matters i performance. you also cant forget that this is prolly like a 3 day test of something compared to a year.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
FordGTGuy said:

I've wondered that myself. I hate C & D.... and Top Gear.

Users who are viewing this thread