GT in new C&D

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
C&D isn't going to give any credit to a car made in the United States. even one as awesome as the ford GT.

fordification

Established Member
Anyone that's anyone will look at all the numbers and not just the "FINAL RESULTS - EDITOR VOTING". The numbers speak for themselves.

fordification

Established Member
Look at the weight of the SL65 AMG, and came a close 2nd to the GT in the quarter!

Must be gearing. She tops out quick.

Formula51

Established Member
That is also the best recorded time. Kind of like saying the C5 Z06 can do the 1/4 in 11.7 Just something to keep in mind. There will always be variance due to driver, altitude, track prep, air quality, yada, yada. I was under the opinion that the GT was close to 3500lbs??? Of all the things C&D can and do screw up, I would hope then can weigh a car :rolleyes: But I wouldn't hold my breath. C&D hates American cars just like Top Gear does. I love Euro snobes though, they are so fun to pick on!

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I cancelled my C&D subscription about 3-4 years ago for their "unbiased" opinions of BMWs, MB's, etc....This goes to prove my point.

Little comparo when the SVT Contour mopped the floors with an A4, 325i, Saab, and some other Euro junk, but finished a distant 3rd place. Every measurable category it won(0-60, 1/4, braking, handling, etc...), but the blue oval on the grill killed it subjectively.

TRXboy

Established Member
Formula51 said:
That is also the best recorded time. Kind of like saying the C5 Z06 can do the 1/4 in 11.7 Just something to keep in mind. There will always be variance due to driver, altitude, track prep, air quality, yada, yada. I was under the opinion that the GT was close to 3500lbs??? Of all the things C&D can and do screw up, I would hope then can weigh a car :rolleyes: But I wouldn't hold my breath. C&D hates American cars just like Top Gear does. I love Euro snobes though, they are so fun to pick on!

This is what bothered me about the Artical, under the certain condition's. All the car's performed under exspectation's, C-n-D even said this, but they still used the Gallardo's spring time number's. My question is, how do you make a comparison to a car that does not move?

FordGTGuy

Established Member
The only reason I watch TopGear is because I find Jeremy Clarkson smart and fair although he takes sides sometimes. He did a great review on the Ford GT tho.

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Uhhh, Top Gear really liked the GT and gave it great reviews... Jeremy Clarkson even has a GT whixh in the past couple of episodes has been back at Ford for at least 2 weeks getting kinks worked out. Even though he is still very pleased.

METHICAL

Established Member
There are many things to consider in a car other than cold hard performance numbers, things that can't necessarily be measured.

Formula51

Established Member
stagger said:
Uhhh, Top Gear really liked the GT and gave it great reviews... Jeremy Clarkson even has a GT whixh in the past couple of episodes has been back at Ford for at least 2 weeks getting kinks worked out. Even though he is still very pleased.

It's not surprising that they liked the GT as it is a mid-engine design styled similarly to the European supercars. And very importantly, has a price tag close to them as well. Just wait until they test the new Z and rip it apart for interior materials and lots of other stuff to try and justify its $65k price tag. Nevermind all the amenities it has like heated seats, memory seats, navigation, etc. It will likely be an "inferior" car eventhough it is more efficient, likely more reliable, and a better track car than 95% of the supercars out there. Have you read what they had to say about the C6 or the Ford SVT products? It not very nice. The point is that they hate American cars because they are "cheap", they go by the idea that "if it isn't expensive than it isn't any good." The GT is expensive and on top of that rare, thus they gave it credit. Funny how that works.

Steeltwo

Established Member
TRXboy said:
The best part is the gallardo blew a clutch and still beat the GT. The whole artical, all of the editor's are saying how the car's were not performing as well as they should, but then they used stat's from a E Gear gallardo that was tested during the spring with much cooler temps. BS in my opionion, not to mention they gave demerit's to the GT for not having a big enough trunk, give me a break, these are super cars, not soccer mom cars. The fact that the gallardo did not earn any type of dimerit for the broken clutch goes to show you how bias they are toward american cars, they always have been, and to me, always will be.

Jarad, you also forgot one Key factor that really pissed me off.

Lap time/avr MPH.

Ford GT - 1:[email protected]
Ferrari - 1:[email protected]
Mercedes - 1:[email protected]
Porsche - 1:[email protected]
Aston - 1:[email protected]
Lamborgini - N/a Due to broken clutch.

in their performance 4 popper review a blown svt focus popped the clutch and it got last place because it couldn't run anything.

c&d needs to review SUV's and stop with the performance cars. When i saw a few years ago the V6 stang vs the V6 camaro

with the stang besting the camaro in everything, yet only win by one point. I knew something was up, because they said the v8 versions(ss vs cobra, the camaro won because it was faster(and more than by one point. WTF

fordification

Established Member
BTW, Jeremy at Top Gear gave back is GT because the alarm repeatedly failing.

Has any GT owners on here have any problems with the alarm system false alarming?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Formula51 said:

I believe it weighs ~3450#

Florida Chris

Established Member
fordification said:
BTW, Jeremy at Top Gear gave back is GT because the alarm repeatedly failing.

Has any GT owners on here have any problems with the alarm system false alarming?

US cars do not have alarms in them. My understanding is that Jeremy's car had an aftermarket alarm installed in it prior to delivery. Something about UK insurance requirements.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Florida Chris said:
US cars do not have alarms in them. My understanding is that Jeremy's car had an aftermarket alarm installed in it prior to delivery. Something about UK insurance requirements.

Just to set the record straight, that alarm system was fitted solely at the request of Clarkston. Of course he just had to f with it to get the opportunity to screw it up and blame it on Ford...

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Here is the car & driver article. I would be pissed if I had paid 200k for a car & they put a speddi-sleve on the crank shaft. You can buy a 2001 or 2002 911 turbo for about 80k now with super car performance & no recalls

Hell the C6 zo6 is a better deal!

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=29&article_id=9519

This was a quote from a local message board. When will people realize that every car has recalls. I dont believe the 3 cars he mentioned are even a fair comparison...

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
I can only imagine the magazine racing going on @ Ls1tech.com right now after that article :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread