gt kills Z06... sort of

droptop03

Established Member
Yesteday evening, I was on my way and i was feeling good. Because i just unloaded my kids on their grandparents for the night and the wife was going out to a bachlorette party . I was no rush to get home, so i took the long way down the local strip. I'm not a racer, other than toying with the occassional ricer . I am just cruising with the top down enjoying the night, when I hear this roar from behind me. I thought it was another convertible gt, i just passed wanting to show off some. Turns out to be some scrot, he has got himself a new Z06 . With the plate "BADD Z06" . He pulls along side me, revs and takes of about 4 car lengths. When we get to the the light i checking out the car and willing to acknowledge my car is not in his league. But, he all snobby and shined me on. So i blew it off as another stuck-up nitwit. then for the next mile or so he kept showing off for the very the ugly troll-up (girlfriend) he had in his passenger seat. Revving and jumping off the light seeing if i would bite. initially I wasn't interested in getting my a$$ handed to by a vette, even if it was a Z06. But, one can only take so much. i do have mustang pride. i noticed, even though had the power, he was having probs shifting and using it and using his power . i pull up to light next to him and rev a little, thinking with his shifting issues i could probably take the first 60 ft, then bye-bye Z06 . Light turns green, i drop the pedal to floor and hope for best. Half-way through intersection, I look for him, expecting him to roar by at any moment. But he is still at light . he stalled it. I shut it down when i hit 45. Later he came roaring by, after he got it started again . Too little too late i proved my point, he was a scrot..

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
good story, i bet he felt really bad when he couldn't even put it into first, what a moron :loser: . his girl most of been laughin at him :lol: .

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I am more of the opinion everyday that these giant douches need to take a driving test in the car they want to purchase before the bank will approve the loan. That test should include modesty as well. I don't go around picking on Toyota Celicas, so Zo6's shouldn't go around picking on GT's. No offense to you by any means, you have a bad ass car too!

droptop03

Established Member
No offense taken SVT :rockon: ... i know the limits of my car.. which is why i was cruising.. Hell, if i werewn't married, i might have took his girl home with me along with his pride :lol:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
droptop03 said:
But, one can only take so much. i do have mustang pride.
I love that statement. I got to race a little with an '05 Vette today. You can read it on here too. I'd have loved to seen the guys face when he killed it! Priceless!!!

2tonOfun

Established Member
Good story.
And not to defend the Vette guy but, I drove an 05 Vette and I couldn't believe how lame the clutch felt. Maybe not fair to say "lame" but just how totally different it felt.
There was absolutely no feel to it at all! and I stalled the thing like 3 times just driving around for a few miles.
This tool got exactly what he deserved trying to race you when he doesn't even know how to drive his car yet.
A win is a win, no excuses.

65mph_Roll

Established Member
2tonOfun said:
Good story.
And not to defend the Vette guy but, I drove an 05 Vette and I couldn't believe how lame the clutch felt. Maybe not fair to say "lame" but just how totally different it felt.
There was absolutely no feel to it at all! and I stalled the thing like 3 times just driving around for a few miles.
This tool got exactly what he deserved trying to race you when he doesn't even know how to drive his car yet.
A win is a win, no excuses.

They probably use a primitive hi-cost hydraulic system and not our highly advanced low-cost cable with a plastic “self adjusting” cable quadrant—one of the things SVT overlooked (or didn’t have the budget for) to upgrade in the 03/04 Cobra.

2tonOfun

Established Member
65mph_Roll said:
They probably use a primitive hi-cost hydraulic system and not our highly advanced low-cost cable with a plastic “self adjusting” cable quadrant—one of the things SVT overlooked (or didn’t have the budget for) to upgrade in the 03/04 Cobra.

Exactly, but hey at least with the old cable setup you can "feel" the clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread