"GT" not running right.... please help.......

Hueydigi

Smokin Fools
Established Member
Hi I'm new to this so bare with me. My 99 gt seems to be running a little funny it kind of hesitates in the lower rpm's and doesn't fell as powerful as it once was. I recently change the oil and oil filter, cleaned maf sensor. I also installed a cold air intake system and a throttle body\ intake spacer and an air temp. Sensor chip. My car makes a kind of air release noise when I hit the gas. When I installed the c.a.i. I didn’t put the air filter on right at first so the car was sucking in unfiltered air for a few miles. Can anyone please help me figure out whats wrong with my car?

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
The air release noise is normal when you install cold air, tb, and an intake spacer. The only thing I can think of is either your coil packs or your plugs.

Hueydigi

Smokin Fools
Established Member
I think it's a 60 or 65mm HELIX throttle body spacer.It seemed to fit the stock t.b. perfect.

Last edited:

Stangloco

IMO, a couple of miles shouldn't have caused any damage anywhere. Most likely, your MAF is a little confused about the CAI. RMGTC01 seems to have the right idea, letting your computer remap itself.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Do you have a programmer to see what bit/fault codes pop up. That would probably lead you right to the problem. If not there is one you can do on your car that is stock. Not sure if that is just as good, but do a search for it cause it may still help.

You still haven't said if you did the plugs yet or not. They are a cheap troubleshooting tactic and could very well be the issue. Also you should change the fuel filter, those can get clogged very easily and then your fuel pump can start to go out. The filter or pump can also cause the problem you have.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
if you dont have a computer reader. the local Auto Zone or Advanced will check it for you free of charge, but your check engine light has to be on or they cant do it. i had a simmilar problem with my 99 F-150 it was one of the coil packs. they were not to bad to replace. and it is farly easy to check them.

Hueydigi

Smokin Fools
Established Member
Got the new spark plugs but haven't installed them yet, but I think i found the problem. I removed that cheap $35 piece of crap Air Temp. Sensor chip I got on ebay and my car was running like it's old self again. Thanks alot for all help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread