GT350 Interior Electronic Accessories

Lemers

Established Member
Since I wont be near my car for awhile, I've been using this time to look into adding electronics to the car. Anything from Radar Detectors (illegal in most Europe), dash cams, OBD2 wireless devices, Apps for Carplay or cellphone. For those of you that have already started adding more tech to your car, please share here. Pictures of your setup with a description of the devices and how you have it installed. I am looking for the most integrated system I can get, maybe a carplay app that can use a ODB 2 adapter to display extra gauges on the nav screen and record the gauges onto video taken from a dash cam.

I use an Iphone, and some of the apps I found are Android only. I've found Apps like Racerender (iOS and Android) and Rqacechrono (Android only?) that seem to do some of this over the phone then on a computer, but I not sure if they are carplay capable. Toque (Android only) looks to be a good OBD2 scanner, but I haven't figured out the best iOS similar app.

There is a lot of ground to cover that I sure some of you have already started on. Please share you stories so we can all learn.

Helmet

Established Member
Since I wont be near my car for awhile, I've been using this time to look into adding electronics to the car. Anything from Radar Detectors (illegal in most Europe), dash cams, OBD2 wireless devices, Apps for Carplay or cellphone. For those of you that have already started adding more tech to your car, please share here. Pictures of your setup with a description of the devices and how you have it installed. I am looking for the most integrated system I can get, maybe a carplay app that can use a ODB 2 adapter to display extra gauges on the nav screen and record the gauges onto video taken from a dash cam.

I use an Iphone, and some of the apps I found are Android only. I've found Apps like Racerender (iOS and Android) and Rqacechrono (Android only?) that seem to do some of this over the phone then on a computer, but I not sure if they are carplay capable. Toque (Android only) looks to be a good OBD2 scanner, but I haven't figured out the best iOS similar app.

There is a lot of ground to cover that I sure some of you have already started on. Please share you stories so we can all learn.

From what I understand is if an app isn't working in SYNC 3, Close the app then restart it
For the OBDII port I ordered the KIWI 3 and plan on using it with Harry's lap timer for IPhone.
http://www.plxdevices.com/Kiwi-3-OBD-Car-to-Smartphone-Connection-p/897346002832.htm

Users who are viewing this thread