GT350 manifold on a 11-14 engine

noldevin

Established Member
Sadly we're probably only ever going to get stock/untuned vs mani/tuned. I'd rather see stock/tuned for a better comparison.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Sadly we're probably only ever going to get stock/untuned vs mani/tuned. I'd rather see stock/tuned for a better comparison.

Not necessarily, but depends on what you consider an honest before and after comparison. I'm still waiting for the manifold to arrive so I can start playing. I have a 'before' run with the FR tune, but this obviously won't be optimal for comparing against the new manifold. MMR does offer an adapter to use the stock TB so conceivably it would help isolate just the manifold improvements (if any) and potentially make it a more P&P install. I did also contact JDM here is NJ about handling this (along with my MM K member and Kook headers waiting to go on) with tuning and a before/after dyno run. This would save me a lot of time which I don't have much of ATM. But they want almost 4k for the work so not quite sold on that yet either. So still considering Lund and AED and need to have a quick conversation when I find the time. If I can find someone local with a dyno I don't mind getting another baseline after ditching the FR tune and installing one from whomever will ultimately handle the GT350 intake tuning.

noldevin

Established Member
I'm ok with including a TB upgrade in the gains if it's a requirement of the manifold. Otherwise you might be choking off the manifold. Just as you wouldn't judge a CJ based on a test with it mated to a stock tb (if it could be done).

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm ok with including a TB upgrade in the gains if it's a requirement of the manifold. Otherwise you might be choking off the manifold. Just as you wouldn't judge a CJ based on a test with it mated to a stock tb (if it could be done).

Spoke with Shaun/AED today and purchased an SCT tuner to replace the FR ProCal, along with his services. He is skeptical that it will outperform a CobraJet manifold, but I'm more concerned with the numbers across the curve then max hp. He's sending a tune for my current configuration (basically just a Airaid kit) so we will have a good baseline first. I know of a couple of options for a local dyno so hopefully one of them works out. Don't usually drive the car with the salt on the roads and not in the mood to load it on the trailer in this weather, so hopefully a local guys come through. Shaun did confirm that the intake would be a waste of time with the stock TB, so we will skip that option. He's confident that the remote tuning will work for full throttle, part throttle drivability is the big question. Might need it back on a local dyno if surging, etc.

Then, after all that hopefully works out will put the Kook's headers on and test again:)

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Spoke with Shaun/AED today and purchased an SCT tuner to replace the FR ProCal, along with his services. He is skeptical that it will outperform a CobraJet manifold, but I'm more concerned with the numbers across the curve then max hp. He's sending a tune for my current configuration (basically just a Airaid kit) so we will have a good baseline first. I know of a couple of options for a local dyno so hopefully one of them works out. Don't usually drive the car with the salt on the roads and not in the mood to load it on the trailer in this weather, so hopefully a local guys come through. Shaun did confirm that the intake would be a waste of time with the stock TB, so we will skip that option. He's confident that the remote tuning will work for full throttle, part throttle drivability is the big question. Might need it back on a local dyno if surging, etc.

Then, after all that hopefully works out will put the Kook's headers on and test again:)

Thats all good news! When do you think you will receive the new manifold?

orangastang

Established Member

I believe JDM has experience with this swap on a s550 . If it will work on a 2014 . They surly could do it .

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe JDM has experience with this swap on a s550 . If it will work on a 2014 . They surly could do it .

I already did discuss with Nick at JDM and he gave me a estimate of $575 for the manifold install and $1080 for the tuning. So that's certainly an option if nothing else works out.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, was a bit surprised by the quote as well. I have the space and can do the work, it's just finding enough time that's hard. Kids will do that:) Anyway, the manifold arrived yesterday from MMR but need to wait until the programmer arrives and I get a final revised tune from Shaun. Plus the new dyno run. So will take a of bit of time before I actually get to install the new manifold.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
575 to install a manifold? Damn. It's like an hour and a half job. Price to tune sounds just about as insane.

I would agree, those prices are bat shit crazy. I do some LS stuff on the side, charge 400-500(depends on doing oil pump or not) to swap a cam, change valve springs, pushrods etc. I couldn't even fathom charging nearly 600 bucks to install a manifold.

Last edited:

PACETTR

Established Member
Subscribing for more info. I've contemplated what do do with my Laguna Seca and curious to see where all the GT350 stuff shakes out.

Holovacko

Established Member
Viking call M&R Automotive... They did my intake for $150 if I remember correctly... They're 15mins from JDM. Mike will take care of you. I've used all the big shops in NJ, Call M&R

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Viking call M&R Automotive... They did my intake for $150 if I remember correctly... They're 15mins from JDM. Mike will take care of you. I've used all the big shops in NJ, Call M&R

Thanks! I decided to attempt the install myself and Shaun is going to help tune around the 87mm tb. If it starts to cause me fits and I need to work with someone local I will definitely give them a call.

Matthew Gray

Established Member
So will the GT350 IM work on 11-14s? I've heard different things. I've called Steeda, Bama, LMR, CJ Pony, MMR(Emailed-no respone), Ford techs asking if this mani will fit and no one knew or basically said no. But some people I've talked to say that it will or they say try it and if it doesn't send it back... and I don't want to do that. I'll just go the cj route instead. This just seems cooler imo. Plus I can tell people it's stock

hitmix300

Established Member
It will work, but the actual software control of the cmcv will not work. The only reason I haven't bolted one on is I don't have the real estate behind the manifold. I have 2 step harness, 1/2 fuel lines, custom pcv breather with 5/8 line and of course factory harness.

If your ambitious.... Grab a nitrous progressive controller to control the solenoids at certain rpm windows to control the runners. It can be done with little effort in my opinion. pm me if you need a schematic or walk through on the idea.

Matthew Gray

Established Member
I'm new here and I haven't quite figured out how to PM, at least through my phone anyway. I'm going to try in a bit when I get to a computer. I don't have any of that blocking mine. My only question is how/who to tune it?

Users who are viewing this thread