GT350 on Car and Driver cover

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The lead designer when the 2013 GT500 motor was announced said multiple times in his interviews that the Trinity motor was going to be the most powerful ever. Meaning in history and for a while to come. Look at how the 2003/4 cobra was made. It took them until 2007 to bring out a car with more power then that.

Also, all of these manufacturers (Ford especially) arent going to be going nuts with horsepower battles with the CAFE standards in the USA, there are some strict guidelines coming down the pipeline in the USA with emissions and fuel economy.

Its very possible that you might see a car with a DCT and turbos being quicker to 60 or handling better in the coming years, but you may not see more then 662hp from the factory again period. I could be wrong but I dont think its likely.

Actually, don't be surprised if you see hp dramatically increase! Hybrid sportcars are going to be the future and probably next on the list is the 2016 GTR. The rumors around it are saying 800hp with basically the current drivetrain and the addition of a 200hp KERS.

I would put money that Ford is looking into the same thing as we speak for the Mustang. Hybrid systems is the obvious route as they are in 3 major hypercars right now and automakers are going to be looking to capitalize on that to offer the average buyer a taste of that driving experience. It's best of both worlds really. There's no real good reason to not experiment with it for high performance use.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Actually, don't be surprised if you see hp dramatically increase! Hybrid sportcars are going to be the future and probably next on the list is the 2016 GTR. The rumors around it are saying 800hp with basically the current drivetrain and the addition of a 200hp KERS.

I would put money that Ford is looking into the same thing as we speak for the Mustang. Hybrid systems is the obvious route as they are in 3 major hypercars right now and automakers are going to be looking to capitalize on that to offer the average buyer a taste of that driving experience. It's best of both worlds really. There's no real good reason to not experiment with it for high performance use.

I would not want to own a used hybrid. The cost of replacing the the batteries will be more than the value on the car.:eek:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I would not want to own a used hybrid. The cost of replacing the the batteries will be more than the value on the car.:eek:

Yeah, well either they learn how to make them easier and cheaper to replace or its reserved for the most limited and high performance Mustang which is what it would be of course. People drive their 2013/2014 GT500s but I don't think you're gonna see very many with excessive mileage.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
The current GT500 can run 10s with slicks as it is. Most dragstrips are now mandating that you cage the car if you run faster then 11.5. I do not see stock Mustangs being able to accomplish 9s with slicks off the showroom floor. You will never be able to race it. There comes a point when you are making too much horsepower and with the trinity motors, IMO you have reached that point.

My guess is that we will not see more powerful cars, but more refinements that will help extract performance from lesser motors, like DCT, weight reduction etc etc.

Rob_Stylez

Established Member
Cant pass jugment on these new Stangs until you see them in person!

Same thing happened with the C7, when pics were floating around everyone (including me) said it looked like a camaro from the rear and it was hideous... Now everyone loves that thing :shrug: (including me :??:)

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

Same thing happened with the C7, when pics were floating around everyone (including me) said it looked like a camaro from the rear and it was hideous... Now everyone loves that thing :shrug: (including me :??:)

I guess I am the opposite. I loved the C7 in photos, but seeing the rear in person turned me off from it.

nickf2005

Established Member

I guess I am the opposite. I loved the C7 in photos, but seeing the rear in person turned me off from it.

I passed one on the interstate today... I was impressed front to back. Of course, styling is all a matter of personal opinion. :beer:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
No offense to the 13up GT500 guys, but I hope Ford follows the Boss 302 recipe for the GT350. Make a usable hp in a car that is nimble and tossable. My issue with the GT500 has always been its weight and heft over the front end. You feel it imo. That is why I got a Boss.

Clemson

Established Member
No offense to the 13up GT500 guys, but I hope Ford follows the Boss 302 recipe for the GT350. Make a usable hp in a car that is nimble and tossable. My issue with the GT500 has always been its weight and heft over the front end. You feel it imo. That is why I got a Boss.

Your boss is beautiful!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Rob_Stylez

Same thing happened with the C7, when pics were floating around everyone (including me) said it looked like a camaro from the rear and it was hideous... Now everyone loves that thing
shrug.gif
(including me :??:)

Yea, see the problem is, I HAVE seen the new stang in person, and other than the interior, it sucks out loud. Looks like a Euro-sedan, short a couple doors. IMO of course. Sold me on the 13 GT500, so I guess I should thank it for that! LOL

SD_Stang

Established Member
If they have a 3400 550 hp car that's getting into C6 z06 territory which is a good place to be. It should be much lighter than a Z28 and ZL1 with the more power and updated suspension it should have no trouble beating those cars and the Vette. It should be an 11 second car stock if the figures are correct. FI would put down into the 10's even with a mild FI setup(mild would be around 700-750 which will likely shit on most cars and then some at it's light weight) and wild would be in the 8-9's just like the current GT500. You would be talking about 13-14 GT500 power minus 3-400 lbs.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Its not going to be 3400lbs. If we are lucky it will be 3600/3650lbs which will still be great. No its not going to be 13/14 GT500 power as at 3600/550 one is still above the 5.8lb/hp ration of the last GT500.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Your boss is beautiful!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Rob_Stylez

Same thing happened with the C7, when pics were floating around everyone (including me) said it looked like a camaro from the rear and it was hideous... Now everyone loves that thing
shrug.gif
(including me :??:)

Yea, see the problem is, I HAVE seen the new stang in person, and other than the interior, it sucks out loud. Looks like a Euro-sedan, short a couple doors. IMO of course. Sold me on the 13 GT500, so I guess I should thank it for that! LOL
Thanks for the compliment on my car! I agree with you on the 15 mustang, I saw one in person and was disappointed. I hope it grows on me.

mavisky

Established Member

Having seen the 2015 in person myself I would sort of agree with the Euro comment, but they're taking the car worldwide so it probably needs a bit. Also I'm a fan of the way vehicles like the BMW M4 and the Audi S5 look so a little of that in a Mustang isn't a bad thing to me. As much as we all want this car to look a certain way, the thing we need to remember is that above all it needs to be profitable for Ford otherwise there won't be any Mustang at all for us to nitpick design cues.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
Any glimmer of hope on the 6.2 Boss block with 4 valve heads? Anything? Maybe just the slightest possibility??:shrug:

There's just no way. The SOHC is physically monsterous. You're asking ford to put a lightning motor in an SN95, and release it as a production vehicle. It just ain't gonna fit, ESPECIALLY with DOHC heads.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
A 5.4 fits just fine in an SN95.

Width wise, barely. But the lightning with its giant blower sitting on top certianly doesn't which was the point I was making, and that's the kind of dimensions we're talking about with the new 6.2. It is taller and longer than a DOHC 5.4, and essentially as wide.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Width wise, barely. But the lightning with its giant blower sitting on top certianly doesn't which was the point I was making, and that's the kind of dimensions we're talking about with the new 6.2. It is taller and longer than a DOHC 5.4, and essentially as wide.

Isn't the 6.2 a mod engine? If so, the fitment should be the same as a 5.4/5.8. And the Lightning didn't have a "giant" blower, did it? Wasn't it the same little 1.9L that was on the '07-'09 GT500? That blower isn't very big at all. Even the 2.1L blower on the '10-'12 GT500 isn't what you'd call "giant."

Users who are viewing this thread