GT350 throttle body

StalkerStang

Established Member
I'm gonna look into it again in the near future. I already have the GT350 manifold but running the stock throttle body for now.

My understanding is that SCT either doesn't have the data for the GT350 throttle body or does and won't release it to just anyone. Without that information, its very time consuming to get it dialed in correctly. This is based off what my tuner told me here in AZ. Not sure about HP tuners though....

As far as gains, I've heard little to none... But hopefully I'll find out for sure in the next couple months.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Send your stock throttle body to www.maxbore.com and get it opened up to 85mm for $100. Near the same size as the GT350 (with a couple better features like knife edging the blade, cutting down shaft screws) without the tuning headaches.

nate714

Established Member
Or find a used 85mm. It's overpriced as hell but it's zero hassle.

I can see the advantage for s550 guys running the 350 manifold, TB, and intake together. For us 11-14 it's a ton of hassle to run 350 parts and the differences aren't worthwhile. CJ setups make more power anyway.

kingcobra323

Established Member
I sold my gt350 tb for 100. And bored my stock by www. Maxbore.com. the gt350 measures 87mm inlet 83 or so outlet. My ported one 85 straight thru

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I ported mine too. Did it add anything, probably not. The stocker flows pretty darn good and unless you have FI, I wouldn't bother.

Users who are viewing this thread