GT350 Track Attack

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
How long after purchase does it take to get the invitation letter? I'm definitely not going all the way to Utah for this, but it'll be nice to frame it and hang it in the garage.

You contact them and provide them with your VIN, selling dealer name/address, and the date of sale.

blownstang01

Established Member
Too bad they don't travel to different tracks with this.....(I know too costly). I live 15 miles from one of the best road courses in the country. Hard to justify going all the way to Utah.

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Just registered for 5/7-8, added day 2 on 5/9. I went with the GT instead of the Boss 302 for Day 2, as the $400 delta in price can pay for a whole other HPDE weekend in my R (well, entry fee, not consumables).

Cattivo

Just registered for 5/7-8, added day 2 on 5/9. I went with the GT instead of the Boss 302 for Day 2, as the $400 delta in price can pay for a whole other HPDE weekend in my R (well, entry fee, not consumables).

We'll be there for the same period; except I opted for the Boss on Day 2. My first time on a track so I'm going to try to milk it for all it's...or I got, lol! Hope to meet you!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
You contact them and provide them with your VIN, selling dealer name/address, and the date of sale.

Meant to follow-up on this post. They sent me the invitation letter without me having to do anything. It just showed up in the mail one day. I still wish they'd do it at more tracks. I'm not booking a vacation to go to Utah for a track day. If it was at Road Atlanta or VIR, I'd be all over it. I'll just store the letter with the owner's kit and the snazzy oil filter wrench when it arrives.

LUV2REV

Established Member
I just got back from doing the Track Attack and ST Octane Academy (own a Fiesta ST as well) last week. Kudos to Ford for doing these programs, superb in every way. The 'hot laps' with the instructor were great fun, amazingly capable cars we have. Highly recommended to anyone debating whether or not to go.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Meant to follow-up on this post. They sent me the invitation letter without me having to do anything. It just showed up in the mail one day. I still wish they'd do it at more tracks. I'm not booking a vacation to go to Utah for a track day. If it was at Road Atlanta or VIR, I'd be all over it. I'll just store the letter with the owner's kit and the snazzy oil filter wrench when it arrives.
It's a great venue and a really nice track, not to mention Utah is quite a bit more attractive than Colorado.

I would highly recommend it.

My girlfriend and I are leaving tonight for RSAA. This whole trip, which is 4 days, is going to cost about $600.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's a great venue and a really nice track, not to mention Utah is quite a bit more attractive than Colorado.

I would highly recommend it.

My girlfriend and I are leaving tonight for RSAA. This whole trip, which is 4 days, is going to cost about $600.

$600? That's pretty cheap.

Seems every time I sign up for a track day I decide to order parts, etc. lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
$600? That's pretty cheap.

Seems every time I sign up for a track day I decide to order parts, etc. lol
Flights are only $180 round trip and we are staying at an airbnb, which is a condo, so we are sharing with some friends who are going too. It's about $50 per night.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Flights are only $180 round trip and we are staying at an airbnb, which is a condo, so we are sharing with some friends who are going too. It's about $50 per night.

Very nice! Not too shabby at all. Tell your girl I said hello and that she's a trooper for going with you!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Very nice! Not too shabby at all. Tell your girl I said hello and that she's a trooper for going with you!
We had a good time, that places is even more attractive than I remember.

The GT350 track attack was going on at the same time we were out there and it really upped the experience. The sound of like 19 of those (or however many) on track at the same time was intoxicating. I also can't get over how good those cars look. They would idle right past us in a line and it made it impossible to pay attention to the RS's lol.

We also got very lucky that there was FGT media event out there as well, we saw 6 different FGT's in all different colors (white looks the best) and the 66 race car was out there as well. You could hear them out on track while we were doing our autocross session, they don't sound over the top like a N/A V12 but they do sound very special and you turn your head every time they would rip past.

oldbmwfan

Established Member
We'll be there for the same period; except I opted for the Boss on Day 2. My first time on a track so I'm going to try to milk it for all it's...or I got, lol! Hope to meet you!
Now I feel stupid because I forgot to put face to name. I'm Tammer, the guy who was in the school car on day 2 running with the big pack of Boss 302s. Which car number did you have today?

Tomster

Established Member
I went to the very first gt350 track attack back in april of 2016. I am looking forward to going again since I picked up the TY R. I hope the wife will drive with me when I go again, I have an AG R scheduled to be built 8/29. So after the AG R is delivered, I will start planning my return. If the wife doesn't want to drive, then I get to go a third time ;-)

gjcavana

Established Member
I was going to sign up but the web site states that they are not taking any more registrations this year. Guess i have to wait for 2018. Gonna be a looong winter.

gjcavana

Established Member
I have been watching the Track Attack web site so I could sign up for a 2018 session, a couple of weeks ago the took down the text that said "no longer taking 2017 reservations" and they added a partial date list for 2018. The web site clearly says call to register but when I called the week before Thanksgiving I was told that the info on the web site is a mistake and that we cannot yet resister. I just checked the web site again and that is still there. If it is a mistake then why hasn't it been changed.

Has anyone else tried to register for 2018?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I have been watching the Track Attack web site so I could sign up for a 2018 session, a couple of weeks ago the took down the text that said "no longer taking 2017 reservations" and they added a partial date list for 2018. The web site clearly says call to register but when I called the week before Thanksgiving I was told that the info on the web site is a mistake and that we cannot yet resister. I just checked the web site again and that is still there. If it is a mistake then why hasn't it been changed.

Has anyone else tried to register for 2018?

They're probably shutting down the program.

Users who are viewing this thread