GT350R Chassis #....

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Gotti---I still owe you a call but I think my buddy FINALLY put the deposit down!!!
Car is in build process and was supposed to be getting stripes and scheduled for a 6/12 delivery.
So cool I'll be involved with an R purchase!!!
Will post later, but in case you may be leaving on a vacation, the last 4 VIN are:
Will be selling to a dealer in Genoa, OH.
Talk soon.
-J

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I'm surprised you have an R and didn't know about the "Mod Shop."

I've never looked into the assembly process. The extent of what I've heard about it are the reports of poor quality control.

oldmachguy

Established Member
Exact clone of my car, HR147. Enjoy!
Don't worry, I intend to.

And, BTW, I searched for and saved that pic of your car and sent it to my buddies to show them what I was getting. I almost used it as my screensaver (but stuck with the shot of the Ford GT taking the checkered flag at LeMans :D).

I'm just way partial to this car in stripe-delete, and LB is so close to the '66 Saphire Blue and Guardsman Blue GT350's.

oldbmwfan

Established Member
At Mid-Ohio this past weekend, the woman working pit-out and the guy at the main flagging station both came to find me and say my car was their favorite at the event. The exhaust definitely gets attention, and Lightning Blue is SO much better in person than it is in pics. It does some really cool stuff as the lighting conditions change.

nfldcoffee

Established Member
*ATTENTION*

Directly from the MP&L Manager
Schedules the build in plant.

Total Production 350R MY17
1,000 Units.

Last day for production in September.

Has anyone received any Rs recently? Any chassis #s updates?
What Chassis # are we at now?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
'18 is going to be an abbreviated production year for the GT350. That's probably why they pumped out extra '17s; to make up for the coming short for the '18. It wouldn't be cost effective to keep pushing out GT350s that, due to the '18 refresh for all the other Mustangs, are completely different cars inside and out (body panels, instrument panels, miscellaneous interior tweaks).

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The more 2018 GT350's they "pump out" the more cost effective it is.

Not when they're having to source/produce/install different wiring harnesses (MyColor returns for the "lower" range '18 Mustangs, full LCD gauge panel, etc.), dashboards (to accommodate the LCD panel), trim panels (to accommodate MyColor integration), etc. for a low volume car. I'm not saying the GT350 is getting any of that equipment. The normal Mustangs will all have that equipment [available] whereas the GT350s will not, so they will be using bespoke [for '18] interiors. Yeah, if they flooded the market with tens of thousands of GT350s, it would be more cost effective, but they're not going to do that.

DaDonkey

Established Member
I believe through the end of September, unsure on when the startup of '18 will be for the 350.. But the regional rep said no '18 my R's will be built until next year.

Tomster

Established Member
My AG R is scheduled to be built on 8/29. Black roof, stripes, electronics package. Vin assigned, no window sticker available yet.

Users who are viewing this thread