GT350R - The RING Time!!!!

Lemers

Established Member
Check this article out. The GT350R is almost 5 SECONDS faster than the Z28. This is great. Now only if I could drive it like a pro. ;)

EDITED BY MOD

Bogus site/link removed

Here's a legitimate response from the gentleman at Ford that is in a position to provide a 'Ring time...

___GT350ringtimed.jpg

Tob

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Awesome! Are there official times for the new C7 and Z06? I wonder how it held up compared to those.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Oh snap! I bet there are some on this site who think the hell cat will run consistent 7:20s

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I figured the vettes would be faster, I was just curious how close it was. I can't seem to find any "official" C7 times. The C7 Z51 looks to be running 7:30 or better, but those are individuals, so I don't know for sure if those are completely stock.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
There is no such thing as an "official" time at the ring. That's why the times are so subjective, and really worthless to compare. That's the main reason ford doesn't want to touch a toe in the pond, and "go there".....

Lemers

Established Member
Sorry if I posted something that Ford hasn't made official. I guess I let the excitement cloud my judgement. Still waiting on the GT350/Z28 comparison for the question "who's faster?"

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
No problem Lemers. Quashing HPK spew is a constant whack-a-mole battle. When/if Ford decides to share that data we'll have it here ASAP.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Just to add fuel to the fire, does anyone doubt that it can beat the Z28 by 5 seconds? I was hoping for that kind of beating to be honest.

hognutz

Established Member
Just to add fuel to the fire, does anyone doubt that it can beat the Z28 by 5 seconds? I was hoping for that kind of beating to be honest.

I do right now because weight and HP are unknown.

The DSV dampners seem to work better than mag ride and without knowing the weight and hp differences 5 seconds is quite a bit but I don't know why people care about ring times they are not run the same day so it does not mean as much as a head to head same day test done on us soil. Now if it comes in really light with wel more than 500hp then I can see it.

NametoShowOther

Established Member

Entirely believable. Long track, 5 sec not the same as normal 2 mile track. Lighter car, more power, had a target to beat. That said ford will not release number, so it is left to pointless Internet debate :)

az20115.0

Established Member
2015 z06 unofficially broke the 7 min mark.. 6:58 I think. Off course the gt350 is faster than the z28 otherwise there would be no reason for its existence

az20115.0

Established Member
Yea I just saw that. But I bet the gt350 number is pretty accurate. What's more unbelievable than anything else is the official Nissan gtr nismo time

Users who are viewing this thread