GT500 in the wrong place at the right time

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
Took a little cruise this afternoon in my 500 as i do sometimes on a nice sunday. Pulled into a gas station a few miles from my house to fill up and picked the wrong gas station at the right time. Well well well what do we have here 1,2,3,4,5..6...7...8 5th Gen camaros all hanging out on the far side parking lot of this gas station. Some kind of cruise/meet up of some kind i assume.

So im pumping my gas minding my own business and every min or two i take a look over at the camaro crowd as they take turns looking over at me. I thought to myself should i rev it up on my way out or play it cool and just leave calmly. I decided to just calmly leave but before i did i went out of my way to drive past them to check for a ZL1.

No ZL1's today but 5 or 6 of them were SS's (non lethal) so i just said its a waste of gas and pulled out and got onto the turnpike. Im cruising along at 70-75 MPH in the middle of a 3 lane turnpike not paying any attention at all when all the sudden i hear rev's on both sides of me.

The camaro's pulled out and followed me to the turnpike LoL, All 8 of them!

Race 1 :: A red SS took left lane and in the right lane the ugly puke green SS. Both side by side with me and reving to almost redline it sounded, so i slowed down to about 45 -50 i would say and heard both camaro's drop down as well. I dropped the hammer in 2nd (rpm's a bit higher at this speed then i normally like but i wanted to prove a point) had to make a quick shift to 3rd. By the middle of 3rd it was all over for both SS's so i let out top of 3rd and slowed down.

Race 2 :: So the black SS that was in the pack wanted a race and he pulled up next to get his turn on my right, im still in the middle lane. The black SS hits a purge valve to let me know he is spraying so that made me get a big fat old smile on my face.

After waiting for traffic to go by we were able to slow to 40 mph with me in 2nd :) He honked it off but he took off right before the 3rd honk to get a jump i guess, typical camaro driver.......

So as soon as i saw him take and get the jump on me i took off. He pulled a nice jump on me i would say 3/4 - 1 car length. BUT.... thats all he got. The top of 2nd i started reeling him in, hard! By the end of 3rd i had overtaken him and went into 4th to make a point. When i shut down i had 4 - 5 car lengths on him.

I took the next exit off the turnpike and was gonna pull into a shopping center to chat with them for a sec because i wanted to look at the black SS with NOS to find out what HP shot he was spraying but they didnt follow. Oh well, being the only mustang on a turnpike getting picked on by 3 camaros and smoking all 3 of them :rockon:

Last edited:

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
Thanks guys

It was pretty crazy for sure but fun. I never noticed them leave and follow me. I know they were not behind me as i got on the turnpike. They came up on me after i had been driving 5,6 or 7 mins on the turnpike.

Last edited:

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member
Took a little cruise this afternoon in my 500 as i do sometimes on a nice sunday. Pulled into a gas station a few miles from my house to fill up and picked the wrong gas station at the right time. Well well well what do we have here 1,2,3,4,5..6...7...8 5th Gen camaros all hanging out on the far side parking lot of this gas station. Some kind of cruise/meet up of some kind i assume.

So im pumping my gas minding my own business and every min or two i take a look over at the camaro crowd as they take turns looking over at me. I thought to myself should i rev it up on my way out or play it cool and just leave calmly. I decided to just calmly leave but before i did i went out of my way to drive past them to check for a ZL1.

No ZL1's today but 5 or 6 of them were SS's (non lethal) so i just said its a waste of gas and pulled out and got onto the turnpike. Im cruising along at 70-75 MPH in the middle of a 3 lane turnpike not paying any attention at all when all the sudden i hear rev's on both sides of me.

The camaro's pulled out and followed me to the turnpike LoL, All 8 of them!

Race 1 :: A red SS took left lane and in the right lane the ugly puke green SS. Both side by side with me and reving to almost redline it sounded, so i slowed down to about 45 -50 i would say and heard both camaro's drop down as well. I dropped the hammer in 2nd (rpm's a bit higher at this speed then i normally like but i wanted to prove a point) had to make a quick shift to 3rd. By the middle of 3rd it was all over for both SS's so i let out top of 3rd and slowed down.

Race 2 :: So the black SS that was in the pack wanted a race and he pulled up next to get his turn on my right, im still in the middle lane. The black SS hits a purge valve to let me know he is spraying so that made me get a big fat old smile on my face.

After waiting for traffic to go by we were able to slow to 40 mph with me in 2nd :) He honked it off but he took off right before the 3rd honk to get a jump i guess, typical camaro driver.......

So as soon as i saw him take and get the jump on me i took off. He pulled a nice jump on me i would say 3/4 - 1 car length. BUT.... thats all he got. The top of 2nd i started reeling him in, hard! By the end of 3rd i had overtaken him and went into 4th to make a point. When i shut down i had 4 - 5 car lengths on him.

I took the next exit off the turnpike and was gonna pull into a shopping center to chat with them for a sec because i wanted to look at the black SS with NOS to find out what HP shot he was spraying but they didnt follow. Oh well, being the only mustang on a turnpike getting picked on by 3 camaros and smoking all 3 of them :rockon:

Where did this take place..? would had help you out and had me some fun too!! Whenever im out with the beast i see no one on the road. When i drive my wifes explorer i see all kinds of cars out! Great kills :rockon:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Maybe they thought that coming at you in a pack would somehow add their horsepower together for the kill. :shrug:
Guess it still came up short.

Last edited:

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
Where did this take place..? would had help you out and had me some fun too!! Whenever im out with the beast i see no one on the road. When i drive my wifes explorer i see all kinds of cars out! Great kills :rockon:
It happened on the creek turnpike. I live in Glenpool so after i left the gas station i was heading north on US-75 to the creek turnpike eastbound. I raced them all the way through jenks on the turnpike LoL. then where the turnpike turns into hwy 169 i got off on 81st st.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Very nice I bet they were shocked. I wonder what thay conversion is like when someone takes out your whole team

Probably a lot of blank stares and hurt feelings, they should have found a 5.0 to pick on and it might not have been AS bad. :lol1:

Good Kills OP

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
As I read this it was all like the best scene in a movie. The suspense got me riled out then you dropped the hammer on the "best" cars in their pack haha. Thats crazy man. Nice kills. You were like Jet Li whoopin multiple asses at a time haha :beer: :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread