• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

GT500 on 91 + Boostane

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by ANStan, Aug 22, 2019.

1. ANStan

ANStan New Member

hey fellas first post ....just looking for some input as I am on the fence of buying new blower for my 07 GT500 most likely a new Gen vmp or Whipple kit, the problem is I only have 91 in my area and I want 700 rwhp or I won’t bother buying a blower at all ....so here is the question ..is it somewhat safe to run 91 with boostane to achieve that number as I know it would be hard to get 700 on 91 alone...I read a lot about detonation and it don’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling lol

2. VMP Performance

VMP Performance New Member Established Member

Hey ANStan, and welcome!

Boostane is a great way to improve the quality of the fuel that you're using, but we typically recommend using it as a safety net, and not as a requirement.

If you decide to go with a VMP kit, we are happy to get you set up with a daily driver tune on just 91, as well as a tune with a little extra in it, for when there's boostane in the tank!

VMP is here to support the community, and we'd love a chance to earn your business, give us a call anytime to chat about your build and the goals you're shooting for

3. lexustech48

lexustech48 RIP FoMoCo 1903-2014 Premium Member Established Member

Well, hey there stranger

4. TBCobra

TBCobra Premium Member Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

I had a gt500 with a vmp blower tuned on 91 and 91/torco.

Get two tunes and run the 91 when you're just driving around and the torco tune when you need. it. Drag strip or whatever.

5. ANStan

ANStan New Member

Sounds good just wondering what kind of numbers could you expect to see with 91 and 91 + octane booster with full kit (tb,injectors,cai etc) and 2.7-2.8 pulley?