GT500 Prices: Post em in here!

cobra-info

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i dont understand. market adjustment was there for the 03 mustang svt as well(local dealer wanted 43k + ttl for a no option dsg coupe in dec of 02, 6 months after they were released). how is this any different?
what about the economical slump? the adm goes to the dealers not to ford. ford will only make around 36k for a no option 07 gt500 coupe. are you suggesting ford made a mistake by selling the car for so little?

you purchased an extended warranty and then added 12k in aftermarker products? now that was :bash: . or did you really think that your car with a non exsistent extended warranty and 12k in addition improvements was going to keep its value? from a money standpoint you have chosen poorly! no wonder you dont have the 70k cash to purchase a new car with.:idea:

No, Im not interested in buying a GT500, If I wanted a 70k car Id have it, instead I have a 46k boat & my 03 Cobra :idea: Thats besides the point. A car is not an investment (period). The part you missed is what gets me really rattled. Witch is that when a dealer for example takes an F150 & installs tires, wheels, lift, tint, so on and so on they get fair market value for those add-ons. But yeah, when people like myself & others put aftermarket parts into an auto they technically are not worth anything.

Im not making a pissing contest, just trying to rant a little....

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
cobra-info said:
Witch is that when a dealer for example takes an F150 & installs tires, wheels, lift, tint, so on and so on they get fair market value for those add-ons. But yeah, when people like myself & others put aftermarket parts into an auto they technically are not worth anything.

Im not making a pissing contest, just trying to rant a little....

its called before title. specially with aftermarket parts. there is no way the aftermarket would put all the money(hundreds of thousands of dollars) in testing for, duribility and safety that a auto manufacturer would. even in the specialty car market who puts more testing and money into their parts and cars ford or saleen?
how in the hell would anyone know the value on a used part when no one has a clue how long it might last and how safe it might be? because of this fact any used parts are not worth a damn, maybe a 1/4 of the original value if it still looks new.

the dealers who put on these specialty or aftermarket parts do not sell them for retail value. they make big bucks on these mark ups. also i am just waiting for a lawsuit on one these new cars off the lots with lots of mods. there is a reason the auto manufacturers crush all their new show cars with aftermarket parts.:idea:

chuckstang

Established Member
USBlueStage2 said:
Supply is starting to catch up with demand:pepper:

You are not that gullable are you lol
They are just listing the msrp price, but once you call them, the price will be far higher than that...give it a try and report back

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
chuckstang said:
They are just listing the msrp price, but once you call them, the price will be far higher than that...give it a try and report back

i have heard of two dealers that are asking about 5k over msrp right now. it will not be long before the majority will be selling for msrp.

03snakerush

Established Member
chuckstang said:

I'm giving it a shot. I just e-mailed the seller/dealer and I'll post what he says, but you're probably right. I'll give him a little friendly beat down if he is still asking over m.s.r.p. but the really sad thing is that there are still people out there paying over sticker.....:shrug:

Willie

Established Member
It's basically a monopoly. Dealerships that sell over Ford's MSRP should be outlawed. "Market adjustment".... yeah right.... It's nothing short of price gouging.

So if you guys "want" one so bad that you're willing to pay over MSRP, all I can say is, "It's your money." Just try to imagine how much depreciation you'll experience in the first year or two.

As far as I'm concerned, I can find an infinite number of other ways to spend my hard earned $$$. I "want" one just as bad as anyone else here but I'm sticking to my guns and suppressing my emotions... and will look to seriously buy one in about one year or so when I can pick up a "used" '07 for around $35k (and without sales tax either)....

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
:coolman:
lay down the law on these greedy dealers
03snakerush said:
I'm giving it a shot. I just e-mailed the seller/dealer and I'll post what he says, but you're probably right. I'll give him a little friendly beat down if he is still asking over m.s.r.p. but the really sad thing is that there are still people out there paying over sticker.....:shrug:

pvteye

Established Member
The first Shelby delivered to Woody Anderson Ford in Huntsville, AL was auctioned today... $69,000 was winning bid... Black coupe... they have a Black Vert that will be auctioned next Saturday...

03snakerush

Established Member
chuckstang said:
:coolman:
lay down the law on these greedy dealers

I hear you:beer: This is the response I got:

"Hello Steve. I wanted to thank you for contacting us. I wanted to tell you
> that it will probably bring more than msrp. If I can be of any automotive
> need or if you have a question, please contact me toll free direct at
> 888-294-1637. Thank you. Curt Putnam, Internet Manager."

I simply then responded by saying I would no longer need his sales assistance. I didn't get nasty with him, just stated I would never pay more than m.s.r.p. for a car with a 3-year production run of 8,000-10,000 units per year. Which by the way will almost certainly be adjusted upward since it's one of the few cars Ford has finally generated very positive interest in.:rockon:

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Local Ford dealer....
Planet Ford in Centerville OH (suburb of Dayton)
got 10k over for a coup.......
3 Weeks ago
got 15k over for a vert....
2 Weeks ago

To the same guy!

And I for one hope they keep bringing that much. The GTO and Charger won't compete with the Terminator $ for $ modded... so the only real competition is the GT500. As long as they keep bringing that kind of scratch, my value stays high and Terminators are still the best 'Bang for the Buck'.

All the same reasons that I hope they do make more than 30,000 of them in 3 years! Will also help keep the value of the 03/04 high.

On a side note, have a buddy who owns 3 Dodge dealerships.... The SR/T Charger is bringing 5k - 10k over as well...

Flame away folks..... Just my opinions :poke:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Guys im not interested buy figured i'd let you guys know.
There is a black Convert (i believe anyways) Gt500 brand new with no miles.
With an sticker price of 47k. I dont know if thats high or low but will get more details on the location if you want.

chuckstang

Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
Guys im not interested buy figured i'd let you guys know.
There is a black Convert (i believe anyways) Gt500 brand new with no miles.
With an sticker price of 47k. I dont know if thats high or low but will get more details on the location if you want.
:poke: Thats just the sticker price, not what they want. But please correct me if I am wrong!

MADGREEK

Established Member
I just bought a tungsten grey gt500 dealers are holding on to them and again they will hold on to the last 08 when Shelby gt500 run comes to an end. Price will always be little to alot over msrp. People are coming from all around the world to the usa to pick one of these up and ship them back to their homes.
Was driving and typing this, sorry about the english

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
MADGREEK said:
i just bought a tungsten gray gt500 dealer are holding on to them and again they will hold on to the last 08 when shelby gt500 run comes to an end. price will always be little to alot over msrp. people are came from all around the world to the usa to pick one of these pick and ship them back to their homes.

First off, speak english!
Second, you will be proved very wrong

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
MADGREEK said:
I just bought a tungsten grey gt500 dealers are holding on to them and again they will hold on to the last 08 when Shelby gt500 run comes to an end. Price will always be little to alot over msrp. People are coming from all around the world to the usa to pick one of these up and ship them back to their homes.
Was driving and typing this, sorry about the english

MADGREEK:

No problem with your English! You're doing great! :-D

Don't let the dealers fool you! There will be plenty of GT500's to go around for everyone! AND they will be selling for MSRP for everyone in the very near future! :read: Even chuckstang may be able to buy one someday?

chuckstang said:
First off, speak english!
Second, you will be proved very wrong

Chuck:

Please be a little more sensitive to people who do not speak English very well. This IS the internet and we get International visitors quite often! :idea:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

rkelon

Established Member
Case in point, I bought one of the remaining 2004 Cobra Convertibles. I paid $31K out the door. The prices will drop. 8-10K cars a year are too many to make them rare, additonally, the car has not proven itself. I have talked to people that own them...plus other cars. The car does not handle well and there are many others that are faster. They like the Saleen better.

Users who are viewing this thread