GT500 Spoilers, more functional

Saleenrose

Established Member
Looking for larger more functional spoilers for the gt500, found at top speed the car needs more downforce, looking to find functional front splitter and rear wing, any ideas? I was in a event in Idaho that was a 2 mile top speed run, the car did 188 as radared by police, I think this year a TVS Supercharger and Taller gears will allow around 195 but car feels floaty:shrug:. Must be functional at high speed.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Give Revan Racing a call - I think they dabble in the TX Mile from time to time.

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
Didn't Tob discover that the V6/GT500KR wing was better for downforce at higher speeds than the standard issue GT500 spoiler.

My understanding is that spoiler had less downforce and the KR splitter had more downforce for a "more balanced" car. It was an SVT engineer that said that, but I don't recall where I read it.

Steve

Saleenrose

Established Member
Car has all changed suspension, could use stiffer springs, dampers for this event but car is mostly used on streets other than this run, so I am just looking for more downforce.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Looking for larger more functional spoilers for the gt500, found at top speed the car needs more downforce, looking to find functional front splitter and rear wing, any ideas? I was in a event in Idaho that was a 2 mile top speed run, the car did 188 as radared by police, I think this year a TVS Supercharger and Taller gears will allow around 195 but car feels floaty:shrug:. Must be functional at high speed.

First: Where in Idaho?

We actually want to stabilize the car and reduce drag.

Give me a call I'd like to talk to you.

We went 204.9 at the Texas Mile in October.

Give Revan Racing a call - I think they dabble in the TX Mile from time to time.

Thanks. Yeah, we've done a few mile races.

At 188 mph you would be overpowering the stock dampers.
Upgraded suspension?

Precisely.

My understanding is that spoiler had less downforce and the KR splitter had more downforce for a "more balanced" car. It was an SVT engineer that said that, but I don't recall where I read it.

Steve

Correct Steve. The V6 spoiler has more functional downforce at speed.

Van
561-445-7702

Saleenrose

Established Member
Sun Valley Road Rally, 2 miles of highway 75, there is a nice turn in the middle of the run, hit that curve at around 154 , shift to fifth just in front of curve keep to floor for the rest of run. Sponsered by Blain County Drug Coalition. Youtube for more. I was a fill in so it seems I got no credit, I was 3rd overall with the 188 speed, 2 porsche GT2s were the only faster cars, next year I just want to beat one of them. By the way this is at approx 6000 ft, the last 1/2 mile of road is downhill but there is a headwind every afternoon. The 2 GT2s ran in morning with no wind. 1 is a 2008 GT2WC 560rwhp and it did 197, and the other is a 2011 GT2RS 535rwhp and it did 193.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Didn't Tob discover that the V6/GT500KR wing was better for downforce at higher speeds than the standard issue GT500 spoiler.

I've put all the relevant links together to support the argument for each but by no means was the first to note the benefit of the V6/KR piece. Steve nailed it though. In terms of balance, with respect to the OE front splitter when used with either the factory GT500 spoiler or the V6/KR, the latter of the two made better numbers when tested by Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread