GT500 Track Attack

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
More when I'm not traveling but I did this yesterday in Charlotte, NC. Easily the best automotive experience I have ever had. And it was far more intense that I would have ever thought. Morning session was drag racing and afternoon was all road course. The car far exceeded my expectations.

20200601_222819-XL.jpg

76313-XL.jpg

20200601_164301-X2.jpg

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
even though my experience with my 350 was a little tainted, i enjoyed the hell out of the track attack in Utah. i will never forget it, such a cool thing to do for the buyers.

you like utah or charlotte better?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Eveyone that has done both agreed they loved Utah, including me. I had a great time there. The Track Attack in Charlotte, in my view, was far more intense though. The instructors I spoke with all smiled and quietly agreed when talking about this.

I'll be honest, I didn't have much interest when I found out the whole morning was drag racing. Once I staged and let it rip I wanted more, more, MORE. The afternoon spent on the roadcourse was an eye opener. I was lucky (thanks Covid) that all my lead/follow sessions consisted of myself and one other guy along with an instructor. We stuck to his tail and he allowed us to turn up the wick to the point we caught up to the group that started behind us. The two of us ran out of fuel, a clear indicator we were given a golden opportunity. Once I saw "zero miles to empty" I crawled to the garage and then back to the main office. You can see it on the dash - note the G meter too...

20200602_131517-X2.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Did they only use base cars or did u get to drive the CFTP ones also?

Tony, just like the GT350 Track Attack does not use the R model, the GT500 Track Attack does not use the CFTP GT500. I honestly don't think it mattered much, if at all.

Man that looks like so much fun! Great photos, thank for sharing.
It was an absolute blast and definitely made buying the car that much better.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
IS this something I sign up for after I take delivery (xx months)? Will I be notified?
Owned tons of SVT/FP and have never taken advantage of any of these programs. Seeing your post has inspired me.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Once you take delivery you can call and register. I've never been contacted unless I initiated. You have one year after taking delivery to participate. They will not deviate or make exception.

If you don't do it you'll miss one hell of an experience. If I were you I'd call the day I picked up the car.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Great advice from @Tob , many of the 350 guys waited too long and i wasn’t seeing any exceptions made. It also appeared they didn’t have enough classes For the amount of cars sold...not trying to make you neurotic over it, but i too would call as soon as i got the car

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
IMG_1573-X5.jpg

IMG_1608-X4.jpg

IMG_1619-X4.jpg

IMG_1623-X3.jpg

IMG_1629-X4.jpg

IMG_1630-X3.jpg

IMG_1631-X4.jpg

We weren't allowed to heat up the tires and even in Drag Mode with the launch rpm set as low as you could go (I started high and came down in increments) I spun/hopped at the line and was still spinning at certain spots on the track - pucker factor was probably a 5 at times on that day. With Covid rampant, the track hasn't been used and the prep was far from optimal. Spun far too much to hit an 11, best I could do was 12.2x at 125. It was painful not being able to haze the tires but I suppose its a good idea to keep them in fairly decent shape for the speedway in the afternoon. You could sense time being lost at the line but it is what it is.

The afternoon spent at the Speedway was fantastic. The course was a mix of everything and I found a couple turns to be my favorites as you could throttle oversteer on corner exit and ride it out and be in position for the next corner. The g-forces at the ovals felt like taking off in a jet - hard. Coming off the ovals you had to brake really hard and the brakes shrugged it off as if it were no big deal. And the ****ing DCT...it is to die for. Track mode in this car on this track in good weather, it simply doesn't get better than this.

IMG_1637-X2.jpg

IMG_1655-4K.jpg

IMG_1646-X3.jpg

IMG_1658-X5.jpg

IMG_1661-X3.jpg

IMG_1632-Pano-3-2-5K.jpg

SoCalShark

Established Member
I am pretty stoked for this. I did the Raptor Experience in Utah and it was awesome. I missed out on my 350 attack. I will NOT miss the 500. Ford does a great job with these events.

Users who are viewing this thread