Gt500 vs hellcat redeye vs zl1 1le edmunds

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member

"To clear things up: We ran each car separately at our test track (off camera) with the same driver and better weather conditions and got the results you see at the end of the video. Do you think the outcome would change on a prepped surface and if each car had drag radials?"

GT500: 11.3 @ 130.7 MPH
RedEye: 11.7 @ 127.0 MPH
ZL1: 11.6 @ 122.4 MPH

While this is unprepped, that makes it even more realistic as 95% of people messing around are on the street. GT500 trap speed is dragging the RedEye down the highway 10 times out of 10. Also lets remember the RedEye is essentially a drag car, whereas the GT500 is essentially a road course car(on par with GT3RS). The ZL1, well, maybe it would have a good run with a bolt on 18+ 5.0?

This is for the morons around here stating they "haven't seen the GT500 win anything yet". Maybe an apples to apples comparison is what you should be looking for?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Redeye on all season shit tires vs. $20k carbon fiber wheels and triple R compound tires DCT 500. Lol.

notice how the Redeye was losing to the ZL1 1LE in a straight line (which should never happen).

FYI. Wide body Redeye is slower than standard body Redeye. CFTP 500 is faster than regular 500.

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
Redeye on all season shit tires vs. $20k carbon fiber wheels and triple R compound tires DCT 500. Lol.

notice how the Redeye was losing to the ZL1 1LE in a straight line (which should never happen).
$4,800 apart as tested. Imagine thinking that Carbon Fiber aero, GT3 RS track capabilities, lighter curb weight, way more advanced transmission, 3 MPH higher trap speed, 6 1/10s in the 1/4 mile, better aesthetics and A DECENT SET OF SUMMER TIRES isn't worth $4k.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

FYI. Wide body Redeye is slower than standard body Redeye. CFTP 500 is faster than regular 500.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn’t trust those numbers much. To be taken with a grain of salt.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Difference in price as tested is also a joke. CFTP 500s are $100k, red eyes are discounted to bottom $60s

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The redeye is pretty well equipped, MSRP of $89,500.

Also, the times shown in the test are on the available summer tire, according to Edmunds.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member

Lmao don't u be mad bro because ur girl got taken to gapplebees for dinner before getting a dual rubber streak tramp stamp.

There, how was that? Am I doing it right?

p.s, should have taken those excuses to the dem debate last night with all your lib bros.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You can certainly option them out to hell. It Redeyes can be had for low $60s all day.

574AEC4A-C35F-4D76-9C2C-2B648ED8C21D.jpeg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator

I think you are going to see, regardless of someone that got a result to the contrary, is that the Base car is faster in the quarter than the CFTP. Cup2's are hockey pucks in cold temps.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The CFTP 500 is $100k (assuming you can find one without mark up).

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lmao don't u be mad bro because ur girl got taken to gapplebees for dinner before getting a dual rubber streak tramp stamp.

There, how was that? Am I doing it right?

p.s, should have taken those excuses to the dem debate last night with all your lib bros.

Did you just insult my woman?

I knew you were a pencil neck, but had no idea that you were also a coward.

I’d love to see you do that in person.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Just an inference, but I believe he was speaking about the challenger when he mentioned "girl."

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Let’s hope so.

Sad day when a Ford executive, allows a small fry like me, get in his head and make things personal.

let’s not bring in family.

ps: if that’s the case, DBK just out trolled me. No one out trolls me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do we really put that much credence in Edmunds, or any other similar source? I take ALL of these "reports" with a grain of salt. Take them to the track for heads up racing, and then we'll have a much better idea who of the three really prevails.

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
Edmunds? Really?
Car and Driver has the RedEye trapping 125... and MotorTrend 128. Car and Driver has the GT500 at 132 and MotorTrend at 131. It doesn't matter who's driving or which way you slice it, the GT500 is faster in a straight line and on a road course (much larger margin there obviously).

Also, the Corvette ZR1 traps 131-132, based on the above magazine test (apples to apples), while making damn near identical power to the GT500, but the ZR1 weighs 500+lbs LESS, WTF is GM even doing? Not to mention the top dog Camaro ZL1 has issues with bolt on 5.0s, SBE boosted 3vs, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread