Gt500 vs m5 vid

xzero

Established Member
/\
|
|
Your right I think somethings wrong im sure that M5 has been touched slightly at least :/

awwbud

Established Member
I don't put much stock in these videos. For all we know, that M5 is heavily modded and that GT500 is bone stock. People post videos lying about the capabilities of the cars in the videos all the time in an attempt to make one car look better than another.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Just a vid I found..
First vid though looks like GT500 eventually shifts into 5th??? Anyone confirm that?
They say 600 hp , So maybe pully,intake, exh? what about 530 rwhp?
The M5 says intake and exhaust..
Like the above stated , you never know whos got what but first race looked pretty decent..

res0n0xg

Established Member
Just doesn't make sense as the GT500 is going to be slightly lighter and have more rwhp, it shouldn't lose in a big giant straight line you would think. I don't know how fast they were going, but if the race was going to 17-18 seconds, maybe 140 mph?

That could explain how the M5 pulled up top I guess.

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
road and track give the gt500 0-60 mph of 4.6 seconds, and 12.8 at 113.2 in the quarter.

edmunds list the m5 as 4.8 seconds 0-60 and 12.8 at 115.1 in the quarter.

should be a drivers race if both cars are unmodded.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Just doesn't make sense as the GT500 is going to be slightly lighter and have more rwhp, it shouldn't lose in a big giant straight line you would think. I don't know how fast they were going, but if the race was going to 17-18 seconds, maybe 140 mph?

That could explain how the M5 pulled up top I guess.

That was kinda my point...
They race for a while and than I sounds like the GT500 finally shifts into 5th , where the M5 catches up .....
BTW people M5/6 are no joke up top ...
My buddies stock M5 was making ground on my Bolt On C5Z , after 130 ...I was shocked to see it but not surprised , these cars runs hard once they start rolling...

KILRSVT

Established Member
i dont think that gt500 was modded. plus it had some 20's on it. 600 horse shelby should have spanked that M. at least 1 -4rth. m5 have 7 speed smg trans. 5 gear reduction gears one direct drive and one overdrive. so they start to creep up fast once your on 4rth

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member
This comparo again... :poke: LoL. Look in the GT500 forums... there is a 3 page comparison there.

AT = HP lvl. The M5/6 will win every time due to the Tranny and gear ratio, and the M5/6 has NO driver error since the M5/6 DRIVES ITSELF.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
still rather have the gt500, bmws are boring as hell when you get down to it. just a round box with the same look as every other bmw they've made pretty much. Respectable cars, but boring as hell.

evo connevo

Established Member
Race makes sense. The m5 gains some power lightly modded and the gt500's output in the video wasn't whp. It's the gearing in the bimmer that makes it take off.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
still rather have the gt500, bmws are boring as hell when you get down to it. just a round box with the same look as every other bmw they've made pretty much. Respectable cars, but boring as hell.
Have you even seen the M5 up closed? They look freaking nice, I dont see how they all look the same, maybe to the avg people yes. Just the same with the SRT-8 Challenger and R/T but im sure you know that already. Thats what soo sweet about them, if they think its a regular BMW, they are in for a big surprise :D.
Race makes sense. The m5 gains some power lightly modded and the gt500's output in the video wasn't whp. It's the gearing in the bimmer that makes it take off.
Yup, they seemed to get faster and faster at top end, pretty bad ass if you ask me.

Rated///M

Established Member
M5's have a V10 a crazy top end. There are several videos of M5's running similar to Lamborghini Gallardo's. Both cars have 5.0L V10 500hp. Here is a video of a Gallardo vs a 490+whp Cobra.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IHWKjRIKEQ]YouTube - Gallardo vs Cobra[/ame]

Gallardo vs M5

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5uEaW5ZnQ"]YouTube - m5board.com presents: Lamborghinig Gallardo vs BMW M5 V-10[/ame]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread