GTR Nismo Goes White!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I liked it a lot in black (I'd love it in just about ANY color), but WOW, that gloss pearl white (I hate flat color wraps) wrap is stunning. :rockon: What a shame you can't get that color paint from the factory.

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
It really is amazing what you can do with a wrap. Looks great!
It is when its done right. Ive seen for the most part awful wrap jobs and my biggest thing was making this car look like it was painted
Black is awesome..........if someone else owns the 'pita' to clean color. White for the win!!
White for the win!! lol
I liked it a lot in black (I'd love it in just about ANY color), but WOW, that gloss pearl white (I hate flat color wraps) wrap is stunning. :rockon: What a shame you can't get that color paint from the factory.
Really? I hated it in black lol. Yeah theres nothing I could do about getting a white one, they were all gone. Since theres only like 80 in the USA theres a very limited number of these cars and white sold out faster. I didn't make it in time saving my pennys :nonono: lol
Looks stunning :thumbsup:
Thank you sir

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The car definitely looked sinister in black, but it looks amazing in white.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Tints?! How many tints did you get??

** I hate when people say tints instead of window tint.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Damn that color looks hot. What company makes the Gloss Pearl White?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

It's actually a pretty common wrap. I've seen it on display at most places that do it. I know 3M has it in 1080p. My car is a crystal white pearl but I was thinking of wrapping it just to battle road chips, etc but couldn't bring myself to do it for $3k. I have my roof wrapped with the 3M 1080p in gloss black and it has held up nice and looks painted.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
The white looks awesome! Does the wrap have any effect on the paint underneath if you chose to remove it?

Nope. The only thing is might do is leave behind a bit of glue residue that you can get off without much problem. It's safer than plastidip which has been known to cause issue on some paints after peeling it. Not to mention it just looks 10x better than plastidip and is way more durable.

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
The car definitely looked sinister in black, but it looks amazing in white.
It does but hind a lot of the car. I love the white
Looks a lot better IMO. Nicely done
Thank you
For this color the maker is Oracal. For everything else oneighty says Avery is the best!
The white looks awesome! Does the wrap have any effect on the paint underneath if you chose to remove it?
Thank man. No affect at all. It protects and comes of with out a problem

oldmachguy

Established Member
Question for you wrap gurus

Not to take the thread sideways, but it raised a few questions for me.

How does wrap handle rock chips vs. paint?

Can it be partially repaired - i.e., you have a fender bender, or dent the front bumper, or just want to redo the nose because of rick chips? If so, how complicated / expensive is this, and will it color match?

Can it be removed without damaging the paint? Thanks in advance.

And, OP, car is amazing! Love that white! :coolman:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
It's actually a pretty common wrap. I've seen it on display at most places that do it. I know 3M has it in 1080p. My car is a crystal white pearl but I was thinking of wrapping it just to battle road chips, etc but couldn't bring myself to do it for $3k. I have my roof wrapped with the 3M 1080p in gloss black and it has held up nice and looks painted.

3M makes the satin pearl white. I've never seen the gloss. My roof is wrapped with the 3M 1080 Gloss black.

I want to check the Oracal stuff out. Looks gorgeous!

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
Not to take the thread sideways, but it raised a few questions for me.

How does wrap handle rock chips vs. paint?

Can it be partially repaired - i.e., you have a fender bender, or dent the front bumper, or just want to redo the nose because of rick chips? If so, how complicated / expensive is this, and will it color match?

Can it be removed without damaging the paint? Thanks in advance.

And, OP, car is amazing! Love that white! :coolman:

Wraps offer some protection against rocks but clear bra is much better for that because its thicker. If the wrap gets damaged, that panel gets removed and a new wrap applied. Every wrap is the same, of course granted your buying the same make and color. Wrap removes without a problem.

Branhammer

Established Member
That looks awesome. I'm usually not big on white cars but I actually think it's the best color on a GTR. You have one hell of a stable too. That's a bad-ass SRT-8 Jeep.

Users who are viewing this thread