Guess TORQJNKY's Dyno Numbers (Win a Prize!)

TORQJNKY

Well...my build is complete and I have an appointment with Jon Lund on July 7th to get the car tuned over at Evolution Performance. So I figured it would be fun to offer up a little gift package for the exact or closest guess to what numbers the car ultimately makes. The gift package will be sponsored by myself and Jay and Lisa Tucker over at JLT Performance http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/ and will include a JLT T-Shirt (winner's size), JLT drink koozie, JLT Performance decal and I will throw in a $25.00 Visa Gift card.

There will be only one winner. That winner will be chosen by the closest or exact guess of RWHP/RWTQ. Example; if the final numbers are 100/100 and you guess 98/94, that will be considered a total difference of 8. If there is a tie, I will put those screen names in a hat and hold a blind draw to determine the individual winner. The last guess will be accepted at 11:59pm on Sunday, 6 July Eastern Standard Time.

Components of my build that assist in making power are as follows:

* 2013 Shelby GT500 w/ built and balanced 5.8L Engine
* 2.9L Whipple with 2.70" upper and 15% lower pulley's
* JLT Super Big Air 155mm Carbon Fiber intake
* FRPP Cobra Jet wide oval throttle body
* JDM Super Stock Camshafts (Degreed by L&M Engines) w/ PAC Racing valve springs
* Slawko Racing ported OEM cylinder heads, ported OEM lower intake, competition valve job
* Diamond Racing Pistons (9.7:1)
* Cobra Jet Crank
* Manley Billet Pro Series I-Beam connecting rods
* Paralell bypass return style fuel system (3x 465 Walboro Fuel Pumps) with FORE fuel pump controller
* ID 1300 fuel injectors
* Reiche 170* thermostat
* C&R Super Competition GT500 Heat Exchanger
* American Racing 2" Long Tube headers (ceramic coated) w/ offroad X-pipe and stock axle back
* E-85

Let me say that, I know that a bigger blower would be more efficient, make more power at less boost, etc, etc, etc. I will eventually go to a bigger blower to make more efficient power, but for now, I'm keeping the 2.9L on to try and achieve a personal goal. Not sure if it's possible, but we shall see. If you have any questions, that might help you make a more educated guess, fire away. Here is a link to my build thread for more information: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?993032-TORQJNKY-s-2013-GT500-engine-build-thread

Thanks goes out to the following (in no particular order) and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, so if I did, I apologize in advance:

Kelley Performance (Sean Kelley)
Mustang Racing Performance (Tim Eichhorn)
Jon Lund and Jon Lund II
L & M Engines (Michael Rauscher)
JLT Performance (Jay and Lisa Tucker)
Revan Racing (Van Collier)
Slawko Racing Heads (Tom Slawko)
Evolution Performance
JDM Engineering
FORE Innovations
Lethal Performance
BIRDDOC (Mark Duber)
Bad Company (Kurt)

LET'S LET'ER RIP AND SEE WHAT SHE WILL DO!! :rockon:
Keeping my fingers crossed all goes well.

**UPDATE**

The final pull we made was 963/912 on Evolution's Mustang Dyno. My goal going into this was to make 950+ and we did. I didn't think we could get to 1000 but we came damn close. It was pretty warm, around 85 degrees, but the car was running great! With all the port work and big headers and pullied for 22-23 psi, we only made 17.5psi, so the car is breathing very well. It was a solid 17.5psi as you can see from the boost line below. I can't say enough good things about Jon Lund and Jon Lund II. They are both class acts in my book. Fred Cook and his guys at Evolution were great as well. It's crazy with all the work done to the car, that it drives just like stock...until you mash the go pedal!

Here is a short video of the dyno pull and the dyno sheet. Little wheel spin in the beginning but that's it. We stopped the pull at around 6300-6400 rpm as the HP line started to flatten out and boost started to fall off. We probably could have made a glory pull and made 970ish but Jon decided the car was tuned properly and made a grunch of power, so we stopped there. I think with cooler weather on a Dyno Jet, it will pick up a little more. We'll see in the Fall! Jon Lund says it's the highest HP 2.9 (blower only) he's seen. It's been a fun build and I'm happy it all turned out well with no issues on the dyno.

[youtube_browser]y5J1n3RIwnA&feature[/youtube_browser]

Scan0002.jpg

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Will you spin the 2.9 harder than the 15/2.7 if needed? Is that max impeller speed?
Best of luck Craig!
925/860
-J

Users who are viewing this thread