Guitar Hero

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
Guitar Hero uhhh

Guitar Hero hmmm.Being a guitar player of almost 25 years I would like to say that I don't know what to think of this video game that has a lot of kids glued to it.On one hand I guess it brings interest to the guitar.Lord knows it needs all the attention it can get in this age of digital crap,so call music.On the other hand I think a lot of these kids are getting the wrong idea of what the true art of playing guitar is about.All that time wasted trying to learn how to play a fantasy,when they could be learning the real deal.I guess you can say the samething for other types of video games.I have a little cousin who swears he can drive the hell out of a 4 wheeler and has never even sat on one.:rockon:

Last edited:

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
Guitar hero is one step above air guitar. Its fun in that you bounce around like an idiot pretending to play along to songs. I've been meaning to get it but haven't had the time..

RalphBentRio

RAWK star
Established Member
I've been playing the real deal in original bands for better than a decade now, and I can tell you that game has no basis in reality. I actually own GHII for the 360 and can't bear to play it. I'll probably just sell it.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
I love guitar hero. My best friend and his little brother both are just ungodly good at it, but they are like that with all video games even though they really aren't "gamers" as some would say. He swears guitar hero is harder than real guitar and he is pretty f*ckin good at that too. He acutally just bought a $900 Taylor acoustic, not the most high dollar you can buy obviously but still very nice and we play every now and then. He has taught me how to play a few songs but nothing crazy. I am way better at guitar hero than traditional guitar.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
While it may have no real relation to playing guitar, its kind of fun and you dont look like a complete dumbass doing an air guitar GH2 does have one of my favorite songs though (six by all that remains)

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
01SVTSnake said:
While it may have no real relation to playing guitar, its kind of fun and you dont look like a complete dumbass doing an air guitar GH2 does have one of my favorite songs though (six by all that remains)

Yes! I actually bought that CD after I first heard the song on GH2. They rock, I also listen to more Buckethead after playing that game.

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
Hard huh?6 strings running across 22 frets tacked on a piece of wood.Simple concept,yet after centuries of exploring no one has figured out all it's mysteries.Can the same be said for this game?:rolleyes:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I bought a Playstation II just for the game a few months ago. And yes, I am 26. It's fun. It's nothing like playing a real guitar, but it does help a little with playing a real guitar in the fact that you have to coordinate both hands with each other, and it strengthens your fingers.

I entered a competition at this bar a couple weeks ago. The winner got about $6K in prizes. I got third place. After seeing all the other people playing and how nerdy they were, I had to step back and ask myself, "why the hell am I spending my time doing this. I don't want to turn into one of them."

lowdrag

Established Member
I started playing GH2 a while ago. Learning to play the real thing was something I always wanted to do but never pursued it. After a while I started thinking wtf am I doing wasting my time playing this game. About a week after that I went out and bought a real guitar and am teaching myself how to play. After playing the real thing I don't have much use for the game and will probably get rid of it.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
It's a game, it's fun, and that's why I play it. My friend who plays the real thing loves to play it as well.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
i've been playing guitar for almost 7 years now and im really horrible at guitar hero. altough i gotta admit the game made me learn the song "six" in real guitar. just pick up a real guitar...2 weeks for the basics and a lifetime to master

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
SQ Stang said:
It's a game, it's fun, and that's why I play it. My friend who plays the real thing loves to play it as well.
ditto.

anyone that really thinks they are playing a song when playing guitar hero is a complete moron. im pretty much positive that 99% of the players play its just because its fun and you can "play"(in essence) your favorite songs without actually having to take the time to learn them.

i would like to play real guitar but i just dont have the patience, time, or initative to learn it. my friend is awesome at guitar but still plays(and loves) guitar hero.

and i plan on getting both guitar hero 3 and rock band when they come out. might be broke for a while, but i cant wait to bang away on them plastic drums:pepper:

NA97GT

Established Member
me and my girlfriend like to get drunk and play guitar hero, its usually followed by an acrobatic session.

Users who are viewing this thread