Guitar Hero...

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
...ROCKS!! :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

I got the Guitar Hero II PS2 game for Christmas, so I'm finally getting into this whole Guitar Hero craze. OMG it is SOOOOOO much fun. Course, I totally suck at it, but it's still really fun anyway. My 10 year-old nephew puts me to shame, as he can play just about the whole playlist on the Hard level and I'm just now moving up to the Medium level.

Anyway, if you gamers haven't discovered this game yet, GET IT. And if you have - why the hell didn't you tell ME about it?!?

Gonna have to host a GH party one of these days...

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Other than GT4, I was never really able to get into any Playstation, X-box or Nintendo games untill GH.

Can't You Hear Me Knocking by the Stones FTW :rockon:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
i just got GH3 after Xmas and i too suck (just getting to medium) but its addicting for sure

Venimus03

Established Member
Nice, yeah its a fun game. One of my friends has the band one with the guitar, drums, and mic, lots of fun. :beer:

Graves

Established Member
I have GH3.. I really like Cliffs of Dover, Black Magic Woman... Great songs on these games.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Oh crap...They have it for PS2? Guy at best buy said no. I'm getting it! Had too much fun with this at the store.

Pearbear

180 Lbs of Sad
Established Member
got GH2 last year out of the blue, and was hooked. Can five star nearly all songs on hard on all of them(1,2,3, 80's) and can kick a moderate amount of ass on expert.

PureStang

Established Member
greatest game in the world. i have all of them (gh 1,2, 80's for ps2, and gh 2,3 for 360)

i beat every game on expert except for 3...i only have the final battle left. and on the 80's edition i have 5 stars on expert in every song except for the last which i have 4. lol....im a bit addicted.

and as for Through the Fire and the Flames on expert (GH3's hardest song) i can get about 84% through the song before failing.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Played GH at a friends some last year, he just got Rock Band this year. Plus with 2 teenagers, they have 3 GH guitars floating around. RB's fun 'cause we had all 4 of us playing and singing.
Nobody will ever see a vid of that. :nonono:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Awesome Tim, maybe I should head over to watch a bowl game and play. If I don't feel like complete crap, you might get a call tomorrow since I'll be up that way. I can pwn the game on medium, and do pretty decent on hard. No chance on expert though.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Tidoh, welcome to the world of GH!!! lol, its an awesome game. I can do some songs on expert, but im pretty much a hard difficulty player. I don't know how some of you guys play expert...my fingers feel like they are going to break!

I had GH2 for PS2 and sold it to a friend so I could get GH2 for xbox360 and get acheivments and I bought GH3(just the game, using GH2 guitar) when it came out...they are great!

(I know it's sad...but my profile song on myspace is "Through Fire and Flames") lol :beer:

Last edited:

convert03cobra

Established Member
I just got GH 1-3 for X-mas and its a blast. I suck and just got to the medium level the other day. I even got my buddy to buy it and yesterday there was like 10 of us all playing it while watching the football games. I wish I would have bought the game sooner...lol

Graves

Established Member
Through the Fire and the Flames by DragonForce on Guitar Hero 3 is something like 7 minutes and 20-something seconds long. You can play it at the end while the credits are rolling.. if you can beat that on hard or expert... I take my hat off to you. That song is insane.

..and if you like the song, their newest album, which you can get at Best Buy, is nothing short of badass.

PureStang

Established Member
+1. i bought both of their newer cd's and its amazing. i love that iron maiden type music and Dragon Force is like a new age version of Maiden.

the song is easy (for me) on hard but the final solo on expert is damn near impossible for like 2 seconds, just enough time to fail.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Awesome Tim, maybe I should head over to watch a bowl game and play. If I don't feel like complete crap, you might get a call tomorrow since I'll be up that way. I can pwn the game on medium, and do pretty decent on hard. No chance on expert though.

You know where I'll be Dale - home, watching Bowl games all day today and tomorrow. Give me a call if you're in the 'hood.
Minor - you already know the way here!

I've seen a Youtube vid of a guy shredding 'Through the Fire and the Flames'. It is reeee-diculous! No way I'll ever get there. My hand hurts just from playing 5 or 6 songs in a row on Easy level. Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You, Killing in the Name, Carry on Wayward Son, John the Fisherman, and Heart-Shaped Box FTMFW!!

I'm gonna go out and try to find another guitar controller right now...the game is even more fun with two players and I'd like to try out co-op mode with one of you "experts". I've always been an aspiring bassist.:rollseyes

Think Rock Band for the PS3 will be next. There goes more mod money! :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread