gurney flap for 07-09 gt500

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i'm surprised no one has made one of these avalible in the aftermarket for the 07-09's i think it would look good. anyone else?

1tufgt

Established Member
pardon my ignorance but what are you referring to?

If you look at the picture below you will notice the flat black piece of plastic running along the top side of the spoiler.

It's used for downward GForce for the rear end.

ShelbyCobraGT500-rear.jpg

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
I like the look and name of the flap but the 07-09's rear spoiler was factory designed to provide 200 lbs of downforce at 150 mph. The combination of it and the front spiller cuts total lift to zero, I personally have no requirement to mess about with that based purely on looks.

If I ran road courses or something similar, and knew what I was doing, I might be inclined to change something up in the aero department.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I like the look and name of the flap but the 07-09's rear spoiler was factory designed to provide 200 lbs of downforce at 150 mph. The combination of it and the front spiller cuts total lift to zero, I personally have no requirement to mess about with that based purely on looks.

If I ran road courses or something similar, and knew what I was doing, I might be inclined to change something up in the aero department.

and at 150 these cars stay planted. I like to frequent up top!

chuckstang

Established Member
meh
I hit 140 once and I just cant see any car being stable at those speeds on a public road because of pot holes, cracks, road not being perflectly level and so forth

prob easier and better down south with better roads but up here

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
just got back to the computer, earlier i googled "gurney flap" and got tons of info on how they are made ect. its interesting thar ford put one on the 2010 gt500 and i'll bet one is on the way for ours if for nothing else for looks and as something to brag about to your buddies. chuck, there are really some good roads down here to go fast on, but you had better not get caught.:(

chuckstang

Established Member
ya. they can take you to prison for anything over 100

I hit 100 almost all the time, even in a 45 zone

with stock gears you can do it in almost 2nd gear

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
meh
I hit 140 once and I just cant see any car being stable at those speeds on a public road because of pot holes, cracks, road not being perflectly level and so forth

prob easier and better down south with better roads but up here

I'm spoiled, got 3 different stretches of road (10 mile straights) 15 minutes from home. Black top is all love/love And on one 3 lane road when I hit the highest point I'm at triple digits with a 6 mile straight decline:eek: Thats the road I broke my 160 speedo on (other car.)

Gotta love nice straight roads.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread