Guys trapping 140mph+...

Benchracer

Established Member
Any of you guys have any logs of your passes? I used to have a 1g talon and everyone in the dsm community logged their cars all the time. I dont see many people posting logs or comparing data on here. Im curious to how fast you guys with 140mph traps or higher are accelerating from 70-90mph or 70-100mph? I have been logging my car on the street doing 3rd gear pulls and was curious to see how it compared to some of the faster cars on here. So whats everyones 70-90mph? Mine on a lower boost setting was 1.31 seconds. My buddies Talon trapped about 140mph and his 70-90mph was consistently 1.08-1.11's. Thats all I have to go off of for now.

Last edited:

D1coyote

Established Member
This info does not really interest me but I did look it up for you. I made a 5.980 1/8 mile pass a few weeks ago. 3,800 lbs car & driver, 4.10 rear gear. 70.56 mph to 90.02 mph was 1.265 seconds per my log with SCT Gen II software.

Last edited:

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
Any of you guys have any logs of your passes? I used to have a 1g talon and everyone in the dsm community logged their cars all the time. I dont see many people posting logs or comparing data on here. Im curious to how fast you guys with 140mph traps or higher are accelerating from 70-90mph or 70-100mph? I have been logging my car on the street doing 3rd gear pulls and was curious to see how it compared to some of the faster cars on here. So whats everyones 70-90mph? Mine on a lower boost setting was 1.31 seconds. My buddies Talon trapped about 140mph and his 70-90mph was consistently 1.08-1.11's. Thats all I have to go off of for now.

I think you are comparing rolling and hammering it from a steady 70mph, versus accelerating through that speed range.

Benchracer

Established Member
This info does not really interest me but I did look it up for you. I made a 5.980 1/8 mile pass a few weeks ago. 3,800 lbs car & driver, 4.10 rear gear. 70.56 mph to 90.02 mph was 1.265 seconds per my log with SCT Gen II software.

Thanks. I appreciate it. Thats what Im looking for. My local track isnt open for another 2 weeks. This is my only way of gauging how fast my car is. I always test my car on the street before I take it to the track and I want to see about where its at so I know Im not wasting my time on too low of boost.

Stevem17500

Established Member

Off topic d1coyote do u have a boss manifold or stocker:burnout:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
im not a 140+ but I am 134(on E85), and I know you're having a hard time finding guys that log. on my newest revision I went 70-91 in 1.7 (my 91 oct trap is 129). I know its not 140 but figured itll help.

Benchracer

Established Member
im not a 140+ but I am 134(on E85), and I know you're having a hard time finding guys that log. on my newest revision I went 70-91 in 1.7 (my 91 oct trap is 129). I know its not 140 but figured itll help.

Yes. I appreciate the info. Even data from the cars that trap 130+ is informative. I am very analytic and I know you can get a really good idea of what your trap speed will be in the 1/4 mile from your 70-90mph time. Knowing this will give you an idea of what your car should e.t. based on the trap speed. Without the track being open, this is all I have. lol

Benchracer

Established Member
That log was from a 152 mph trap, I believe.

Thats bad ass man. Appreciate the info. Would be nice to get a table or chart on 70-90 times and what they equate to in 1/4 mile trap speeds. Iknow different variables would change the outcome but to give people that cant or havent been able to go to the track, an idea of where their car sits.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Yes. I appreciate the info. Even data from the cars that trap 130+ is informative. I am very analytic and I know you can get a really good idea of what your trap speed will be in the 1/4 mile from your 70-90mph time. Knowing this will give you an idea of what your car should e.t. based on the trap speed. Without the track being open, this is all I have. lol

What are you using to figure that out? Just comparing against other cars or are you using a formula of some sort?

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
I trap at 135-137 and going off my log, I go from 70-90 in ~1.2 seconds and that includes a 2nd to 3rd change

Benchracer

Established Member
What are you using to figure that out? Just comparing against other cars or are you using a formula of some sort?

Right now Im just comparing. There are going to be variables between different gearing, whether the car is N/A, turbo, supercharged, nitrous powered, auto or manual, etc. but Im sure you can make a formula. There was a formula that some of the dsm guys followed but 85% of those cars are manual trans and have the same rear gear. So of course with less variables, it was fairly accurate. One of my close friends can always tell what his car would trap before he took it to the track based on his 70-90mph time on his logs. He is also very analytic. lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread