Guys with PD blowers..

RSKtakR

Established Member
How are you hooking up from a dig on the street? I have a built motor, VMP Gen2 running about 12psi with a 69mm upper and a stock lower, tuned on E85, built 6r80 with a 2800-3k stall, makes right around 800whp. I have MT ET street radial pros in 275/69r15 at 16psi. Viking warriors, BMR drag springs, LCA’s, LCA reloc brackets. Absolutely zero tire hop. At the drag strip the car runs consistent 9.5’s, pulls a consistent 1.3 60’ and also pulls the tires off the ground. But on the street from a dig (no prep of course) it just spins just off the foot brake, hit the go pedal on the hwy and spins for a little while lol. I’ve heard from people with similar set ups that even Hoosier slicks at 14psi spins lots. Should I just drop my tire pressure to like 10psi? I don’t really want to go with slicks but if I have to I will. I’m sure that since it’s still a little cool out and the pavement is cold for the most part isn’t helping at all. I’m I’m the Kansas City area.

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Have you tried leaving in second gear?

Also, old school, slick tire suspension settings work well on the street. Squat in the rear and loose struts up front. Weight transfer. The opposite of what we do with autos/radials at the track.

I tried lower tire pressures in the Radial Pros and they didn't like it. The video and sidewall markings showed that the sidewall was folding over itself. I never go below 17 cold.

My $.02

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
To be honest, I don't. First gear spins but 2nd usually catches. Granted I don't have the power you do. But its also not too big of a concern for me as I don't launch from a dig a whole lot.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ur tire pressure is too low. Should be 18-19 lbs on the street for a 275/60 MT. And yes its gotta be a little softer on the street vs. the track as far as rear suspension goes.

I keep my 2-step at about 2800 on the street and launch off a T-Brake. I found Boost control on the street with a PD blower to be a little more challenging wen I had one but u can get away with a stock converter so launching is a little easier imo. It was really tough to launch and get to the 330 ft without spinning without a way to control boost like on a Turbo car.

I see u have the Vikings I missed that. U will definately have to play with ur settings cause every car is different but on the street u cant have them too stiff.

Street surfaces are way too cold right now to hook imo. Streets gotta be warms for a while to really hook.

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
man you're making a lot of power for such little boost

RSKtakR

Established Member
I got under the car today and dropped the LCA’s to the lowest hole on the relocation brackets and put the tire pressure to 19psi. Was a little above 70 and the sun was out for a while so the roads were warm. Took the car out on the hwy and hit the go pedal a couple times. It still has some traction problems but nothing like it was yesterday. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I’ll be reading up on the adjustments and instructions for the Vikings to get them better set up for the street.

Users who are viewing this thread